Picked Up the DeWalt Mid Range Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we being presented with a random tool video?

Some commentary about why would be nice.

Are you just trying to promote your own video? Are you just bored and this is one video on youtube?

Is there pizza involved? I love pizza.

Frankly it seems pretty stupid to already have a competent impact wrench then buy another one for ideological reasons. I mean if it fit in a much tighter space, there's that, or if you don't have any impact wrench yet and only want to buy as much as you need, then there's that, but in this case, seems like someone with more money than common sense.

I do think this size and impact force makes more sense for the majority of tasks the average home gamer would need, but there's always going to be someone who paid more for more torque and insists that is what everyone should have.

Personally, I don't care much for the Stanley B&D pricing model on their batteries, The size and torque costs more than it should in this already established Li-Ion battery format, and now common brushless tool universe. It seems like this is something SB&D had to think a lot about to decide how much to degrade, or keep the same, their newer craftsman line with this torque.

In the end, I am not at all a fan of overpriced batteries. Marketing nonsense aside, I know what battery (cells) cost in bulk and they're reaming customers.

Last edited:
I picked up one with the detent pin a few weeks ago I was expecting it to be made in china but was surprised to see that they now also assemble this one in USA. Good size and weight that can handle almost anything on the car so it's a much better option for me than the bigger one.

I have the DCF894. I wonder what the difference is between that and this one. I've had mine for about 3-4 years. I love it, it's the go to for tire changes and brake work.

I like the Precision Wrench setting that slows down the torque once the lug nut is almost tight.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dave9

All the threads this user has initiated seem to be videos he's produced. Perhaps we are being solicited for YouTube clicks.

Originally Posted by wkcars
I picked up one with the detent pin a few weeks ago I was expecting it to be made in china but was surprised to see that they now also assemble this one in USA. Good size and weight that can handle almost anything on the car so it's a much better option for me than the bigger one.

what do you use it for? weekend warrior duty?

i have a good compressor as most serious DIY guys do + like air tools, cheap + long lasting. battery stuff has its place buy why pay more than needed especially for better higher power, to each his own

I love my air tools but for working inside the car they absolutely suck, dragging a dirty air hose through the interior is nothing I want to do.
I am using a small mid size right now to remove a lot of torx bolts and nuts to get an interior out. Perfect size and after a wipe down there is no chance of getting anything accidentally dirty.

Some commentary about why would be nice.

Are you just trying to promote your own video? Are you just bored and this is one video on youtube?

Is there pizza involved? I love pizza.

Frankly it seems pretty stupid to already have a competent impact wrench then buy another one for ideological reasons. I mean if it fit in a much tighter space, there's that, or if you don't have any impact wrench yet and only want to buy as much as you need, then there's that, but in this case, seems like someone with more money than common sense.

I do think this size and impact force makes more sense for the majority of tasks the average home gamer would need, but there's always going to be someone who paid more for more torque and insists that is what everyone should have.

Personally, I don't care much for the Stanley B&D pricing model on their batteries, The size and torque costs more than it should in this already established Li-Ion battery format, and now common brushless tool universe. It seems like this is something SB&D had to think a lot about to decide how much to degrade, or keep the same, their newer craftsman line with this torque.

In the end, I am not at all a fan of overpriced batteries. Marketing nonsense aside, I know what battery (cells) cost in bulk and they're reaming customers.
I would love to give out pizza. We need more pizza in the world.

Awesome!
IMG_0676.JPG

Wonder how good it actually is? Nobody I know likes Dewalt that well they are all Milwaukee, Matco, and Earthquake people when it comes to power tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back