Picked Up the DeWalt Mid Range Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
29,161
Location
MA, Mittelfranken.de
Makita XWT08Z you won’t ever have a problem busting anything loose ever again. Absolute beast.
Way too big and heavy to be really useful for automotive work. The XWT18Z is more than powerful enough for almost every job and much smaller and lighter, a much more useful tool.
 
Joined
Aug 20, 2003
Messages
18,921
Location
NE,Ohio
I sold my dewalt mid torque, the milwaukee m12 fuel replaced it 95% of the time the other 5% i just grab the big dcf899 model.

IF I wrenched everyday having all 3 would be fine but after not touching it for 4 months.. decided to let it go.
 

Fringe

Thread starter
Joined
May 5, 2020
Messages
36
Location
MD
I sold my dewalt mid torque, the milwaukee m12 fuel replaced it 95% of the time the other 5% i just grab the big dcf899 model.

IF I wrenched everyday having all 3 would be fine but after not touching it for 4 months.. decided to let it go.
Get a good ROI on it?
 
Joined
Jun 12, 2020
Messages
1,124
Location
SW Missouri
I have the Mid torque model and like it. My use is production equipment mainly(palletizers, augers, baggers, forklifts, trucks and trailers) and I also use it on the farm and for caging air brakes when necessary. Most of what I ask of it is 5/8” bolts and smaller. I have a compressor on the truck and a 2235 I can pull out if needed but the Dewalt sure is handy.
 
Joined
Mar 21, 2004
Messages
27,969
Location
Near the beach in Delaware
For most the decision starts with what is your cordless tool strategy. If you already have a bunch of DeWalt 20V tools then this would be a good choice. But if you have a bunch of Milwaukee M18 tools already then stick with Milwaukee.


If you have no cordless tools then look over what tools each company manufactures and see what you might want down the road.
 
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
3,305
Location
near Cincinnati, OH
Why are we being presented with a random tool video? Some commentary about why would be nice. Are you just trying to promote your own video? Are you just bored and this is one video on youtube? Is there pizza involved? I love pizza. Frankly it seems pretty stupid to already have a competent impact wrench then buy another one for ideological reasons. I mean if it fit in a much tighter space, there's that, or if you don't have any impact wrench yet and only want to buy as much as you need, then there's that, but in this case, seems like someone with more money than common sense. I do think this size and impact force makes more sense for the majority of tasks the average home gamer would need, but there's always going to be someone who paid more for more torque and insists that is what everyone should have. Personally, I don't care much for the Stanley B&D pricing model on their batteries, The size and torque costs more than it should in this already established Li-Ion battery format, and now common brushless tool universe. It seems like this is something SB&D had to think a lot about to decide how much to degrade, or keep the same, their newer craftsman line with this torque. In the end, I am not at all a fan of overpriced batteries. Marketing nonsense aside, I know what battery (cells) cost in bulk and they're reaming customers.

Something is very wrong, when I view my reply it is strung together text instead of formatted, then when I quite it, formatting comes back. Someone, please fix this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top