Pic: Under VC 2.0 Zetec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needed to change the VC gasket as it was leaking and getting on to the exhaust manifold. Thought I would share a quick photo I took.
Car: 2003 Ford Focus SE
Engine: 2.0 DOHC Zetec
Milage: 193,XXX
We bought the car with 94K on it. I have ran nothing but QSGB 5w-20 or 30 in it with either FL-400S or QS3600 oil filter. Oil changed every 5,000 miles.

norm_2_0_Zetec.jpg

There is no way... Everyone on here claims that synthetic 'cleans better.' 🤔 Were they all wrong? They'd probably tell you that your cam looks worn. Because... This just looks too good for that inferior oil you claim to be using.

Well, now that your engine is finally broken in it's time to drive off the rest of the miles still left to go.

How's the rest of the car doing? You might just end up some day down the road with a rust bucket that runs really well.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
There is no way... Everyone on here claims that synthetic 'cleans better.' 🤔 Were they all wrong? They'd probably tell you that your cam looks worn. Because... This just looks too good for that inferior oil you claim to be using.

OP should have ran diesel oil! I kid, of course. Looks good to me!

I did the same on 2012 with 179k couple weeks ago and looked as good but a bad valve doomed the project as was cheaper to replace the engine with low miles engine and not worry about timing chain,injectors etc. 1 week after getting it back together and seems to have been the right move and even improved milage. Regular oil changes are more important to cleanliness then conventional oil vs synthetic IMO. Now starting an engine at 20 below or trying to get the most mpg is left to synthetic but with gas so cheap can you get the $ back?

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Well, now that your engine is finally broken in it's time to drive off the rest of the miles still left to go.

How's the rest of the car doing? You might just end up some day down the road with a rust bucket that runs really well.

Car is in really good shape. Other than surface rust underneath it's pretty clean. I think my wife is just going to drive it to the end to keep the miles off of her "nice" car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back