[pic] - awwww I'm a little disappointed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always had great luck with Timken bearings. High quality, long service life. So I pay extra for Timken.

I got a new front wheel bearing for my truck from rockauto. First time I have seen this:

2u7517k.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2u7517k.jpg

Not the end of the world, but a small piece of me died today. :p

Last edited:
Global sourcing.Another way of saying the company felt they werent making enough money so they outsourced.....

its a hit or miss nowadays. but you're not the only one.

i recently installed front brake pads on a 09 civic. the ceramic and semi metallic(nissin) pads were about the same price. i asked the guy at the parts store to let me see the actual pad sets to compare, immediately the nissin pads looked so much more robust and well built and on the box it said they were made in japan....it was just frosting to the cake lol the other ceramics were made in china upon further inspection.

Sucks doesn't it?

I went faucet shopping for a new set for our bathroom. Made sure to find a Moen set made in the USA. Was actually easier than I expected it to be.

South Korean parts and products are high quality. Their manufacturing have high standards as well. I would not worry.

only time will tell. just because it's made in a certain country does not make it a bad product. i always question a company's QC process and materials used no matter where it's made.

A lot of the SKF bearings are still made in the USA. They are oftentimes OEM. They are a better bearing but cost more than Timken but less than OE. I like SKF better than Timken anymore or National. Timken are probably still decent but I like SKF better and think they are worth a little extra. You have to wonder what short cuts besides outsourcing to Korea Timken has to make to undercut SKF. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1835550

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Global sourcing.Another way of saying the company felt they werent making enough money so they outsourced.....

Or that the greedy/heartless shareholders forced the company to feel this way if they did in fact, not.
wink.gif
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back