Petro-Canada Duradrive ATF synth

Status
Not open for further replies.
General shout out for the above mentioned ATF...
Has anyone tried it and care to post your observations / findings etc....??

PC claims its equal or better JASO-a1 and Honda ATF-z1 (now outdated) / ATF-DW1 however, it does say that it is a little thicker for low vis rating.

I am considering using this for both my Hondas. The MDX will be out of warranty this spring..

Cheers

If it meets Z1/DW1 standards, it is perfectly OK to use
smile.gif

Another detail I forgot to mention is that its going about 8.00 Cdn a lt.. compared to 11.00 for DW1
Now i did request a price for a case of 12..
j.

Originally Posted By: BrianF
A local supplier wants 7.11 a liter before tax.

Nice..!! Now, local supplier.. is that a local PCan distribution center..?? Thats where I got my quote.. including enviro fees, before taxes.

Or is it some sort of independent supplier ? Certainly isnt a PCan gas station..!! Their mark-ups are huge.. LOL

Last edited:
Ok .. Here it is...

Now i just need for some warmer weather and a gagrage floor thats cleaner and not frozen solid.
The 02 TL is first in line...

Originally Posted By: BrianF
A local supplier wants 7.11 a liter before tax.

Yup got the same price... but that is before the enviro fee, is added .. and its 0.16 per litre..
J.

I have it in my 2011 Allison/LML Duramax 2500, various power steering units & transfer cases.
Going on 3 years, so far so good.
Oh yeah, and it works as a good gun oil too.

Looks good! It appears to be a top quality product at half the price as Amsoil and Mobil ATF. I will be picking some of this up when I do the trans service in my Aisin.

Short update; i have done 2 drain & fill, so 8 lts went in on the MDX.
Initial -seat of pants- observation.. shifts are firmer yet smoother.

The TL is next in a few weeks.

I will keep updating
j.

Short update #2

Third drain / fill on the MDX and seat-of-my-pants observations is that it still a firm yet smooth shifts. So far so good.. Il like it..

now on to the TL..
Last year I did a 3 x 3lt drain fill with Castrol synth for Asian vehicles.. and I was never convinced the trans liked it..
the trans seemed loud from 1-2 and sounded just not right.. very high pitched whine.
[this only re-affirms that i dont like Castrol.. period..]

I did first 3 lt drain/fill on 3 days ago and immediately noticed it was a lot smoother and was quieter...
just did the second just now and got my son at the wheel and took it for spin... you can hardly hear the trans...!!
ok yes.. its very early....... time will tell... but yeah
I like it..!!!

J.

Last edited:
I like Petro Canada Duradrive ATF in my Mazda 3 as well. Last time I changed it, it had 100k kilometers on it and it looked good and the tranny was shifting perfectly fine. There was no change in shift behavior after the full cooler line exchange, which tells me the ATF didn't deteriorate much.
It's good stuff and quite cheap as well.

We are having lots of problems with trans fluid on the 13 MDX, cause is overheated fluid, but I guess you know about that already. We used to replace the torque converters before they figured out it is a fluid problem. We do the 3x3 flush to temporarily fix it. We use Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic here at the dealer.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
We are having lots of problems with trans fluid on the 13 MDX, cause is overheated fluid, but I guess you know about that already. We used to replace the torque converters before they figured out it is a fluid problem. We do the 3x3 flush to temporarily fix it. We use Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic here at the dealer.

did know 13 MDX have overheated fluid issue... btw, where do you get the valvoline ATF in Ontario? i used to get it from Walmart but they stop carry it.

Same here, used to get Maxlife at WM for $27/5L. I think I saw it at TSC once but it was close to $35 or $38 for the jug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back