Permitless carry for non-residents in TX

I’m wondering if the permitless carry law passed in 2021 in Texas applies to out of state visitors as well. A family member will be traveling to Texas next week and has a permit from Minnesota, however Texas does not recognize Minnesota‘s permit. I am unable to find any clarification if an out-of-state person can still carry in Texas under the permitless carry law even if he has by a permit in Minnesota. Not looking for any legal advice here, just maybe someone who’s experienced the same thing or is well-versed on firearm carry in Texas. Thank you.

Thought experiment: what if states followed Article 4 section 1 of the US Constitution, the Full Faith & Credit Clause, to affirm that a carry permit in any state must be honored by all other states?
Sure, this clause has been interpreted over the years to apply only to judicial decisions, not laws and public policy. States already recognize each others marriages, drivers licenses, etc. yet not due to the Full Faith & Credit clause but for other reasons.
There is HR 218, the federal law that says all retired police officers can carry concealed in any state, regardless of any state laws to the contrary.

I'd be careful since there is no language in the new Texas law about it. If Texas doesn't recongnize concealed carry permits from other states, then it doesn't make much sense that the new law would allow them to carry in Texas without a permit of any kind.

" The Texas legislature passed House Bill 1927 in the spring of 2021, which eliminates the requirement to have an LTC in Texas. HB 1927 was signed into law by Texas Governor Greg Abbott on June 16th, 2021, and went into effect on September 1st, 2021. This bill does not include language addressing the reciprocity agreements in place for certain out-of-state visitors who wish to carry a handgun in Texas. "

Back