Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys sound like a bunch of wine connoisseurs ordering in the newest Beaujolais Nouveau from France...
lol.gif

What is so great about Pennzoil 5W40 at $10 per quart, when you can buy GC on Sale for $5.95 to $6.95?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
You guys sound like a bunch of wine connoisseurs ordering in the newest Beaujolais Nouveau from France...
lol.gif

What is so great about Pennzoil 5W40 at $10 per quart, when you can buy GC on Sale for $5.95 to $6.95?
21.gif

It's not a BP product?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
lol.gif

21.gif

It's not a BP product?
grin.gif

And what does that have to with amything???
21.gif

lol.gif

21.gif

It's not a BP product?
grin.gif

21.gif

Exactly what it says. Some people don't like BP, SOPUS, Mobil....etc. So they get excited when their are very nice alternatives that meet a suite of given specs like this oil.

lol.gif

21.gif

It's not a BP product?
grin.gif

21.gif

Exactly what it says. Some people don't like BP, SOPUS, Mobil....etc. So they get excited when their are very nice alternatives that meet a suite of given specs like this oil.

So you like GC, but hate BP?
happy2.gif

So you like GC, but hate BP?
happy2.gif

No, that's not what I'm saying at all, LOL

I'm saying for people that perhaps dislike BP and subsequently don't want to run GC, or for people who dislike XOM and subsequently don't want to run their 0w40, that they now have a choice from SOPUS that meets the same spec's.

Originally Posted By: Tomcio
You got that right!, the option of a new variety is great too!
grin.gif

Exactly! And it's the Ferrari oil!!!!
grin.gif

What is so great about Pennzoil 5W40 at $10 per quart,

What is so great at Amsoil or Redline at similar price?
21.gif

21.gif

Well for starters due to GC's low 166 VI both PU 5W-40 and M1 0W-40 are actually lighter than GC at temp's as high as 25C. So they are better winter use oils.
And there are other oils that I prefer to GC such as Liqui-Moly Longlife 5W-30 (178 VI) that can be had for low as $30/5L jug not to mention our own Cdn made Mobil Delvac Elite 222 0W-30 (175 VI) nee Esso XD-3.

Originally Posted By: cycloxer
Dude, it's freakin Ferrari oil.

That may be true. Not to pick on Ferrari, but when they start making engines that routinely go hundreds of thousands of miles (like BMW, Audi, and Benz), maybe then I'll put more stock into their oil choices. I suppose a niche car requires a niche product.

Could this be the only oil that is actually cheaper in europe? I presume its the same as Shell Helix ultra 5w-40 (MB 229.5, VW 503.01, BMW LL-01, Porsche and Ferrari approved). It's been on sale recently for 27.90€/5l which comes to 5.58€/l or 5.28€/q.
So at current rates thats $7.56/l or $7.16/q

Sure turned the CRX into a Ferrari
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: pavelow
Can you even get this PU 5W40 in the US? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Call your local Pennzoil distributor or buy from Amazon.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: pavelow
Can you even get this PU 5W40 in the US? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Call your local Pennzoil distributor or buy from Amazon.

Pete:
Did you ever get that rebate check from SOPUS for the PU Euro you bot from Amazon?

Originally Posted By: TJPark01
Pete:
Did you ever get that rebate check from SOPUS for the PU Euro you bot from Amazon?

Nope, not yet. First they said they never received my mailed paperwork, so then I faxed it to them. It's been 2 months now, and still nothing. If I don't get anything in the next few weeks, I'll just ask Amazon to credit me the $25 like they promised they would if the MFG falls through with their rebate promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back