Pennzoil Ultra 5w-20 SN 3,016mi 06 Mariner Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MikeySoft
I see you sent the oil to the ALS lab in Georgia. Does the 4077 kit have the option for any other locations you could send the oil sample to?

Wix uses ALS Labs. Atlanta is the default but you can send a sample to Valley View, OH, or Portland, OR if you wish.

Originally Posted By: REDDOG
Chevrofreak,

Thanks for sharing here. I will be watching with interest.

I think you are wise for sampling soon following this installation. As you may be aware, there were a few isolated cases years ago of folks having bearing wear issues, most likely from flow issues using earlier versions of these units. Your numbers look great, so no worries!

If I may inquire, did you use thread sealant with installation of this unit? Is this the first fill since the install? That may be an explanation as to a source of the silicon, and would also probably cause a hit to the TBN with this initial fill here. Just thought I'd put that out there.

I hope to see more of your reports. I think they will be very interesting.

Thanks!

I used 5/8" ID stainless braid hoses to make sure there were no flow restrictions in the system. Most kits, even for larger diesels don't use hoses that large.

I used teflon tape as thread sealant on all of the threaded interfaces, except the oil filter to mount. This is the first fill since the install. The silicon could have been from dirt in the system as well. It doesn't take much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back