Pennzoil/Quaker State Multi-Vehicle ATF, who's using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Rick is, but who else is using Pennzoil or Quaker State Multi-Vehicle ATF?

Please state your experience with this fluid. I'm especially interested in those people who are using it in applications requiring a Honda ATF Z-1 fluid.

Michael

i am using the pennzoil mv atf in a 1994 ford ranger a4ld tranny with 200,000 miles; did a pan drop and filter change last july and added 3 qts of the mv atf at that time when the vehicle had about 193,000 miles on it. working well in the ranger.

also, the valvoline mercon v says it is good for the honda:

http://www.e38.org/Mercon V ATF Letter.pdf

i am thinking of trying the valvoline fluid in an audi allroad with a zf tranny.

wow $6 to 9 is cheap compared the the esso lt71141 atf spec'd for the zf trannies. bmw sells theirs for $20 a liter and vw-audi sells the (same) atf for around $15 (worldimpex does have it for $9 per liter though).

I used it in a 1998 CRV with good results. 140k miles and no tranny trouble. Never bought the Honda ATF.

I used it in a 1994 BMW 540i in place of BMWw's Llifetime fill
rolleyes.gif
fluid made by Shell. I think it's called shell LA2634 ATF.

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!

Now there is a cheaper alternative to the overpriced Honda ATF-Z1 they sell for $6-9 a quart.

This got to be a sticky.

I just started using it on an x5 4.4 with a ZF 5hp24 tranmission. I was only able to replace 3 quarts from pan drain but so far it has improved the shift quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back