pennzoil platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using it too right now. I have used it in the passed with no issues. However, this GTL physically looks different. I'm a little over 3,000 miles into the OCI and it looks yellow in color, not amber like other oils, but yellow. Just something I have observed. to be truthful, I don't care for it, not saying it's bad, I just don't plan to use it again.

LOL... i know how it is.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: fscarano
I used PP this past OC. I was wondering is this a true synthetic? I don't understand this GTL....

To me Gas-to-Liquid should qualify it as fully synthetic, but even Shell says it's Group 3+. But I say it's more synthetic than not!

Glad I could help shed some dark on the subject.
thankyou2.gif

I have noticed my fuel economy went up slightly, and it's winter! has anyone noticed that the color is yellow on the dipstick? I've never had any other oils look yellow before. Not that color matters or anything.

"PurePlus™ Technology is a revolutionary process that converts natural gas into a 99.5% pure base oil."

Does this mean the base stock is 99.5% GTL and not blended with other base oils?

Last edited:
The base oil, in this case, is derived from the gas to liquid process and is 99.5% pure. Compare this to a synthetic base oil refined from crude oil, no matter how refined there will still be a higher level of impurities. Having a more pure product allows more freedom to engineer an additive package that will provide superior protection for the base oil.

It could be a faint golden brown, maybe more of a gold color. I've just never seen it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back