Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
3600 RPM? Is that the redline of that Buick 3800?
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by NEPA_Z:
3600 RPM? Is that the redline of that Buick 3800?
grin.gif

The 3800 redlines at 6000 rpms. I'm geting pretty sick of the constant anti-GM BS on this board.
rolleyes.gif

-T

Did anybody else laugh at the cold temp test? There's something funny about a cold blob of oil oozing out of a beaker onto a piston. The one on the left is funnier than the Pennzoil. I might be crazy though.

Pennzoil's Q&A says OCI's as recommended by vehicle manufacturers. Score a small win there for Mobil 1 Extended (15K miles), I guess.

I may be wrong about this and if I am someone please correct me, but I believe even with the new Mobil 1 15,000 they say to change oil at the mfg recommendations, but if you want to go over that, the protection is there.
dunno.gif

Well, at least this formulation, in my eyes, meets what you would call a synthetic base stock. Can't wait to see it in here under some real world tests and UOA's.

Yeah, I found the cold pour test funny!
grin.gif
The minearal oil came out as a single blob! LOL
grin.gif

quote:

Advances in motor oil technology in the U.S. have focused on fuel economy and emissions. While these are valid and necessary pursuits, they can compromise an oil’s ability to protect your engine from harmful deposits and engine wear resulting from oil breakdown. That’s why many European oils that focus on protection are unable to meet U.S. standards for fuel economy and emissions. Pennzoil Platinum™ does not compromise any standards. Pennzoil Platinum™ meets the most advanced emissions and fuel economy standards in the U.S. and the most demanding engine protection requirements of European oils.

I'm looking forward to seeing these oils. I think the more competition the better and I hope we continue to see better oils on the retail shelf.
They said these new oils meet every European/Japanese spec and are still GF-4? If they pulled that off thats impressive. Mobil has to have two product lines to achieve that.
Johnny, any data sheets?

buster: I have not seen any at this time. I don't believe the oil is going to be out until mid March. First thing out of the box will be the 5W20, 5W30, 10W30, and 5W40. The 0W20 and 0W30 will come out around June. Don't know why, just the way it is.

Johnny,
Which vis do you think would work best for a 2000 ZX-2,25000 miles, that Ford recommends 5w-20?

"...but I believe even with the new Mobil 1 15,000 they say to change oil at the mfg recommendations, but if you want to go over that, the protection is there."

Yes, and No, and, uh, Yes. Mobil's FAQ answer below indicates, well, to me, anyway, that the Mobil 1 EP user should follow the manufacturers' recommendations during the warranty period. After that, go up to 15K miles/1 yr. under normal driving conditions (i.e., that would be Hawaii all year, and maybe parts of Florida most of the year).

Mobil: "In other words, if you drive under normal conditions and use Mobil 1 Extended Performance in your vehicle, the oil is guaranteed to protect your engine for 15,000 miles. We also recommend that drivers consult their owner’s manual while their vehicle is under warranty, and follow the guidelines set forth there. Additionally, we recommend that if consumers drive routinely in severe conditions that they follow the oil change interval recommended in their owner's manual for severe conditions."

It finally seems that the US is starting to get high quality synthetics on the shelf OTHER then M1 now. These Pennzoil oils seem like they are going to be high end oil. Their regular oil now shows excellent wear. More demands from many auto makers and european cars are forcing these companies to roll out better oils. It also sounds like they really tested this stuff vigorously and it meets all the specs out there. Bring it on....
cool.gif
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
buster: I have not seen any at this time. I don't believe the oil is going to be out until mid March. First thing out of the box will be the 5W20, 5W30, 10W30, and 5W40. The 0W20 and 0W30 will come out around June. Don't know why, just the way it is.

The Platnium 5w-30 is already on the shelf. It has been on the market for a few weeks now.

Rugerman, I was actually surprised to see this new Pennz Platinum Syn listed in the Checker/Kragen add in last Sunday's paper.

Hopefully, I'll have time to stop by my nearest Checker on Saturday & check it out!
cheers.gif

quote:

The Platnium 5w-30 is already on the shelf. It has been on the market for a few weeks now.

Did it list any ACEA specs? If I can find some, I'll grab a qt and send off for a VOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back