Pennzoil Platinum BITOG approved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jiffydarren
Not just an employee, I'm the manager, lol. I've been with jiffy for 7 years.

Then I bow down to you sir! But I'm still not changing my air filter again after 6 months, regardless if you tell me it's manufacturer specified every year and my engine will blow up if I don't.

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Not just an employee, I'm the manager, lol. I've been with jiffy for 7 years.

Then I bow down to you sir! But I'm still not changing my air filter again after 6 months, regardless if you tell me it's manufacturer specified every year and my engine will blow up if I don't.

That does not happen nor is it tolerated at my store. You could staff several stores with the people I've fired for unduly pressuring customers. Furthermore, our Otto care system has no mention of air filter change intervals for any manufacturer. Personally I change mine annually, or every 15,000 miles.

That does not happen nor is it tolerated at my store. You could staff several stores with the people I've fired for unduly pressuring customers.

You realize you just contradicted yourself don't you?

Pennzoil has been making great oils for decades now! What you are referring to, goes way back to the 1970's-80's and hasn't been this way since. But, the stories still linger!

Use Pennzoil and any of the other Pennzoil products with confidence.

After hearing and seeing for years people avoiding Pennzoil products like the black plague, it's a shock to me to come on a reputable website like this and see people not only using, but supporting a Pennzoil product. My handle should cue you off as to where I work, and I have been a life long Castrol user. It's just really surprising to me to see this sort of thing on the forum. Am I out of date on this? Am I way off? Or is Pennzoil still up to it's old tricks?

You are kidding right? You work in the peripheral oil world and you believe that garbage? I hesitate to use the word "troll", but come on.
grin2.gif

To answer your question directly, there are times BITOG is filled with PP leg humpers. PU sends some into an Arriana Grande moment. But yeah the whole wax and sludge thing, uh, no.

jiffydarren,

I called Pennzoil 20 years ago about this, and they said they hadn't used Pennsylvania crude in almost a decade, but moved on to middle eastern and TX/Montana brew.

Some of their synthetics are made entirely of GTL ("gas to liquid", i.e. natural gas to oil synthesis).

So just how old is your knowledge about Pennzoil?

Scary thing is that millions depend on these roadside $10 oil change shops for advice and the best oil for there car.....

I, like the OP, never considered Pennzoil until I stumbled upon BITOG. Of course, at that time I was drinking the RP kool-aid. I would not hesitate to run Shell products now (I do, in fact, run it in all my OPE).

While certain flavors of Castrol don't have amazing specs, many of their products are also well respected here at BITOG (0w-30, 0w-40). They just have some weak links in their product line.

Welcome!

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
@Jiffy.. What are your OCI on your personal vehicles?

3k on everything... My cvpi and my c50 boulevard.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
jiffydarren,

I called Pennzoil 20 years ago about this, and they said they hadn't used Pennsylvania crude in almost a decade, but moved on to middle eastern and TX/Montana brew.

Some of their synthetics are made entirely of GTL ("gas to liquid", i.e. natural gas to oil synthesis).

So just how old is your knowledge about Pennzoil?

All I know about it is what my installer customers used to tell me while I was in the auto parts industry.

I'm curious did this so called Franchise ever send you to any type of Training or Schooling? Or Is it what we call-->On the Job Training= Do as I tell You!

I agree with wsar10.

I know I would never be able to keep help being in this line of work. I am just to #%@ Picky and Anal about Auto Maintenance.
{Shop would be Spotless}-{Employees Clean Cut and Well Mannered}.
{I would have a very hard time with a franchise telling me what I Could Sell & Not Sell}. Ya I would Suck at it! I would care to much about the customers Autos!

PP is a Great Oil!

That's about where I'm at... My shop is how you described it. Fortunately I'm blessed with a great crew.

Congrats on a well maintained shop, jiffydarren.

Concerning oil,
Any of the major oil brands will work just fine if used according to vehicle specs. Are there small differences here and there? Yes, and those are discussed on here all the time. But your avg JiffyLube customer just wants the oil changed, so would never know the difference.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
@Jiffy.. What are your OCI on your personal vehicles?

3k on everything... My cvpi and my c50 boulevard.

I'm curious on why you choose that interval? How many months does it take you to get to 3k miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back