Pennzoil Platinum 2002 Altima 6,628 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
altima.jpg

About 90% highway miles.

I guess that's why PU is getting mixed reviews, it is great oil but UOA's like this make it hard to justify cost compared to PP. This is an excellent report, thank you for sharing it!
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
Very nice indeed. What were you running before PP?

The previous oil in the engine was PYB. The previous two UOA's on the report were Valvoline Synpower.

Originally Posted By: sunfire
Is that right? This OCI used 1.2 quarts?

Yes.

The previous two oils on the report also consumed some oil. Maybe 1/4-1/2 a quart each.

Originally Posted By: bkbenjy
Originally Posted By: sunfire
Is that right? This OCI used 1.2 quarts?

Yes.

The previous two oils on the report also consumed some oil. Maybe 1/4-1/2 a quart each.

I was about say... you went from zero consumption to 1.2 qts switching to PP. I know something detail was left out in the report.

I don't know what I'm more impressed with... The results from the test or the fact that it only took Blackstone 4 days to get the results to you.
Is there a secret handshake that I missed? I guess mine is lost, I've been waiting about 26 days now.

Originally Posted By: cjhepburn
I don't know what I'm more impressed with... The results from the test or the fact that it only took Blackstone 4 days to get the results to you.
Is there a secret handshake that I missed? I guess mine is lost, I've been waiting about 26 days now.

I sent mine with priority mail and delivery conformation. It took 3 days to get there. I got my UOA's via email the same day they received the box.

If it has been 26 days and they have not received your sample, I would bet that it is lost in the mail.

....I've been waiting about 26 days now.

Did you access your account on line to check for your results? Blackstone posts the results right away, and the paper copy usually comes several days later.

Originally Posted By: slalom44
....I've been waiting about 26 days now.

Did you access your account on line to check for your results? Blackstone posts the results right away, and the paper copy usually comes several days later.

Yep, I've been hawking it after the 4th day.

I sent my most recent oil sample to Blackstone on a Thursday and received an e-mail, with results attached, the following Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back