Pennzoil Long-Life Heavy Duty 15w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since no one seemed to have any particular experience with this oil (I think it is probably most often used in diesels), I thought by posting a link to the Technical Data on Pennzoil's web site maybe I could get some evaluations of the specs from those of you that know how to interprete them (I don't).
Thanks for the help.

http://www.pennzoil.com/products/technical/datasheets.html

Select "Product Name" and fill in "Long-Life" and submit. Then just select the "15w-40" product, and any other weights you want.

I use it on my '96 3.0 Mercruiser. Really like it. Holds oil pressure up during WOT and then back to idle, no problems. Also stays cleaner longer than other dino engine oils I've used in the past. I'm sticking with this one.

Thanks for the info, Schmoe.

I'm new here and am slowly figuring out the abbreviations, but you got me with "WOT". Can't figure it out. Help.

Does the site have a glossary I can't find that explains all the abbreviations you old timers use?

One thing I really like about this oil is that I buy it on sale at Kragen's in gallon bottles for less than $3.00. So, less than 75 cents a quart. With 8.25 quarts to an oil change in the Jag, it sure is nicer than $5 quart for synthetics.

We all talked about it a lot in the past and a whole bunch when they took the Mo out. We all liked the Mo but not many have posted UOA since Mo removal.

I think the base oil is good none-the-less.

If you can get gallons for $3.00 - I say SCORE!

Currently I'm running a 15W40 50/50 mix of Amsoil and supposed older LL with Mo.

Just ran a batch this past month in my car. It's good stuff! Sorry, no UOA this time...
frown.gif

"Since no one seemed to have any particular experience with this oil ..."

San Diego Mac, try searching this forum using the key words "Long Life" and you'll find lots of references and even some UOAs. This oil is talked about often here.

--- Bror Jace

Thanks for all the replies and help.

You guys (and gals?) are really great!!!

This has to be one of, if not the, best forums I have stumbled upon. I love the breadth of knowledge and passion you show for vehicles--my kind of people!

I have two 1989 Cadillac Brogham 5.0 V-8 that both love Pennz Long Life 15W40 in the above freezing season. The Cadillac with 180,000 responds so much better than with any other oil.

In Canada they have a 0W30 in Long Life Pennzoil which I'd love to try in northern MN where I live.

I have a 24000 mile used oil analysis posted in the UOA section used PLL and it actually held up better the 4-5 previous UOA of Mobile one ! Great oil ..though I may have to give some Bobzoil a try
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back