Pennzoil 5w30/3988miles/2006 Lexus ES330

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second sample of 3mz-fe engine. Total miles were 15,692, oil mileage was 3988. Toyota oil filter 90915-YZZD3. Car was driven hard during winter months. Pennzoil dino 5w30

Iron 2
Chromium 1
Lead 3
Copper 1
Tin 3
confused.gif

Aluminum 4
Nickel 0
Silver 0
Silicon 27(air filter was changed at 10k to fram)
Boron 46
Sodium 2
Magnesium 13
Calcium 1641
Barium 0
Phosphorus 735
Zinc 826
Moly 211
Titanium 0
Vanadium 0
Potassium 0
Fuel 2
shocked.gif

Vis @40C 46.2(due to fuel?)
Vis @100C 8.16
Water 0
Soot/solids 0.1
coolant No
VI 151
TBN 2.32(thought it would be in the 1's with the 3mz-fe)
Oxid 27
Nitr 15

Do you guys think I have a fuel dilution problem? The oil reeked of fuel when sampled but it was sampled after the car was driven for 2 minutes to the dealership and sat there for a good 1/2 hour before oil change was performed.

Last UOA...

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/s...true#Post789710

Last edited:
look in owners manual , see if says anything about fuel dilution , oil consumption , and checking / reading the oil level . This is in our '07 PRIUS owners manual , curious if it's in your manual . Possibly a V.V.T.I. thing ?
dunno.gif

short cold trips will leave fuel behind for the oil to pick up so to speak.. its not totally unheard of. if you feel unconfortable change the oil sooner.. or talk to a reputed yota tech about it.. do some research..

Pennzoil was a definate good choice for you, seeing such a drop in wear metals I say stick with it. Fuel dilution isnt creating any problems at 4000 miles.

Quote:

look in owners manual , see if says anything about fuel dilution , oil consumption , and checking / reading the oil level . This is in our '07 PRIUS owners manual , curious if it's in your manual . Possibly a V.V.T.I. thing ?
dunno.gif

Checked the manual and no mention of fuel dilution at all, and my first UOA had no fuel in it either. I'll talk to a tech and see what he says.

Quote:

short cold trips will leave fuel behind for the oil to pick up so to speak.. its not totally unheard of. if you feel unconfortable change the oil sooner.. or talk to a reputed yota tech about it.. do some research..

Its not that I am uncomfortable with the fuel in the oil but more uncomfortable with the viscosity change. To be at 8.1 at 100C is thinner than a 20wt. It doesnt sit right with me.

What do you guys think of the Tin level at 3??

If you have a concern with this report you should contact Terry Dyson instead of trying to find answers here...

Quote:

If you have a concern with this report you should contact Terry Dyson instead of trying to find answers here...

Well, my first step is to take it to a tech and see if there are any leaks anywhere and if there are not then I am going to get Terry's insight on this. Not much at finding answers here but just trying to gain different opinions by the knowledgeable members of BITOG.

Engine was still breaking in on previous UOA. I would've just stuck with the synth.

Fuel issue is from cold sample. 2 minute ride caused it. Nothing to worry about. Next time take the 30 minute way to the dealership.

Fuel could cause some visc drop. But, low visc if pretty common with some oils/engines. It sheared to a 20wt. No biggee. What did you expect from mineral oil?

The way I see it, use the mineral oil for 3k/3mo changes or the synth for 6k/6mo changes. Either way, your engine will last forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back