Pen style touch up paint . How well do they work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daughter got some parking rash on bumper. Got most of it out except for a couple of places where it went through the paint.

I need to get some touch up paint. Called the Hyundai dealer and they told me their style is pen type .

Having only used brush type in the past , how well do the pen types work? As good a brush?

Poorly. Could have been my technique-- probably-- but we had a pen that came complimentary with our 1989 mazda 323.

Went on goopy, like glittery nail polish.

You may have to do wet sanding and blending when you're done. I mean, of course you will.

I'd have NAPA mix you up a rattle can if they don't have it premade.

What color?

We found a one man body shop that fixed scratches on a bumper for $150.

I think paint pen repairs end up looking like you did a paint pen repair. Maybe good for protection on the metal on your car. But on a plastic bumper?

If daughter is learning to drive, I would wait. This may not be the last.

Wait until daughter goes out on her own.

We had daughter scratch one of our cars with the other. A double whammy.

i am sure its not her fault. its a mark about 2mm x 30mm. its the high spot where the bumper has a body line. i was able to get the rest out but the body line went down to plastic

They work good if they are used properly. The actual paint pen is the easy part. It's the work after that gets tedious but worth it in the end

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

These things are THE BOMB....pardon the 90s slang. I can't believe I struggled with brushes and pens for as long as I did.

https://www.amazon.com/TCP-Global-Brushes-Disposable-Applicators/dp/B01LVU15WO/ref=asc_df_B01LVU15WO/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312192374842&hvpos=1o9&hvnetw=g&hvrand=908468285441227796&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9051933&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-571897184115&psc=1

Problem is, this is on the fascia or called the bumper by some. Hopefully the color is not too unique. I would search out other alternatives and leave the pen for rick chips.

Or just leave it as a constant reminder to the daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back