Peak Global Lifetime is being discontinued

What a sad day it is, I was just informed via a Youtube comment on PEAK Auto's channel that Global Lifetime is being discontinued. I had posted a comment asking why Global Lifetime gets no love, all the marketing and rebates are for 10X and if they could do a rebate for Global Lifetime too and they responded that Global Lifetime is being phased out and 10X is their universal coolant. If you'd like to see the comment, it's on the video titled "Installing Coolant System on 1973 Ford Bronco."

I guess it makes sense, since the products are essentially similar in composition and performance. I must admit that I will miss that gold bottle and fancy label with the flags. To me, it really did give that impression that there is a premium product contained within. I'm sure 10X is just as good, but the plain looking label and blue bottle could be mistaken for house-brand coolant at a glance.

Yeah that is no good... But the new product is going to be a very good one I bet...

And.... There are still places to find Peak global... At a local country store west of me has it for a reasonable price...

You can always find PGL at the gas station but of course in the usual 50/50.

Prestone Cor-Guard is still my go-to, it’s always available in concentrate and that’s what really counts

The Prestone 10 year bottle also looks like they have a depressed marketing manager. This one is is the Canadian version but I understand the US one is similar but without the Jolly Roger. :D

2A3B3D97-E939-4A2A-A0D9-0177F561B306.jpeg90EC484D-DD23-4A41-9623-9E7C036ADDDB.jpeg

I believe that PEAK 10X is replacing PEAK Long Life(blue jug)
And PEAK Original Equipment Technology(OET) is replacing PEAK Global Lifetime(gold jug)...on the store shelves anyway.

Can't believe guys on BITOG are are using all vehicle / universal coolant :unsure:

I always use vehicle specific coolant just like ATF fluid or am I old school?

Can't believe guys on BITOG are are using all vehicle / universal coolant :unsure:

The problem with vehicle specific coolant, it isn't always so easy. My sister's 2011 Fusion uses 'Asian Green' coolant from Peak, apparently because of the Mazda DNA mixed in with Ford. That is why something like Global Lifetime is an attractive product.

Of course, I'm old enough to remember when all coolant came in one color.... (or two, if you include tap water).

You are doing what makes you sleep well at night and there's nothing wrong with that.

I've been using universal coolants and universal ATFs and have never had any issues with my cooling systems nor transmissions. I sleep well knowing that I've changed them out for good maintenance.

You are doing what makes you sleep well at night and there's nothing wrong with that.

I've been using universal coolants and universal ATFs and have never had any issues with my cooling systems nor transmissions. I sleep well knowing that I've changed them out for good maintenance.
^this
OEM is always a safe bet for any fluid, but IME there is nothing wrong with universal products. I have been using Peak Long Life in both my cars (Honda, Cadillac) for the past 7 yrs and all is good.

And also I'd like to add that my use of universal coolants & ATFs went into the vehicles that I've owned for many years(15-18 yrs) and >200K miles & beyond.

So, it's not as though I've only owned my vehicle for a few yrs or just past warranty, they're quite lengthy. And though I did own one vehicle to 18 yrs & 340K miles and did replace the radiator(not the tranny), the radiator rusted from the outside where it got the most road salt.

Let me clarify -

I rarely use OEM fluids but I don't use universal fluids that are supposably for all makes and models, I use universal / aftermarket fluids that are comparable with whatever vehicle I will use it on.

For example on my Toyota Highlander - I used Valvoline / Zerex coolant formulated for Toyota and Amsoil Signature ATL transmission fluid that meets Toyota's WS specs but I stay away from this fluids meets all makes and models.

Let me clarify -

I rarely use OEM fluids but I don't use universal fluids that are supposably for all makes and models, I use universal / aftermarket fluids that are comparable with whatever vehicle I will use it on.

For example on my Toyota Highlander - I used Valvoline / Zerex coolant formulated for Toyota and Amsoil Signature ATL transmission fluid that meets Toyota's WS specs but I stay away from this fluids meets all makes and models.
These choices will work well and are essentially the same as the OEM brands. My only complaint about the brand specific aftermarket coolants is that I haven't seen them in concentrated form. When I do a full flush I replace most of the old stuff with several rounds of dH20, then drain most of the water and then pour in concentrate at half the total cooling system volume. I then top off with dH20 to bring the final dilution to 50%. Can't do that with the pre-diluted stuff, so the concentrated universal options work better for me.

UPDATE: I emailed Old World Industries ([email protected]) to ask when exactly Global Lifetime will be discontinued and they replied and said it's not being discontinued! I mentioned the Youtube comment and they asked me to forward that to them. Not sure what caused the confusion here, but I'm glad Global Lifetime's lifetime is not over. :D

Is there any way an admin or moderator could update this thread's title to "Update - Peak Global Lifetime NOT being discontinued"? I don't see an option to revise it myself.

Is it possible they are just changing the name? I saw this at the local store...note the little yellow box in the top right corner.
20201106_101504.jpg

We don't like keeping around like 5 half empty jugs of coolant when we can have one.
That is true especially for long life coolants where the five half empty jugs will sit around for 4 or 5 years between flushes. In that case you might as well just take any leftovers to the recycle center and use the shelf space for an oil stash. Or just use a universal coolant and keep the one half empty jug on the shelf with the oil stash!

I spoke to a tech at PEAK in August (asking if PEAK 10X was replacing PGL) and he said NO....he said PGL wouldn't be discontinued...he also insinuated that he thought PGL was the premium product of the two.

Last edited:
Back