PEAK GLOBAL vs PEAK EURO

Hello friends I am getting ready for a complete fluid flush on my wife's Mercedes CLA 250 I am replacing the thermostat housing and flushing the existing coolant ( its somewhere between dark blue and green colored ) it appears to protecting to -34 but I want fresh stuff

I have 6 gallons of PEAK global with the flags and the back says phosphate free yet protects aluminum

I don't mind getting a few jugs of the Peak EURO specific to 2014 and up Mercedes-Benz as the bottle claims it has phosphates to protect aluminum if its absolutely necessary

What would the BITOG advice be thank you in advance

How old is the car? What year is it? How many miles on it? :unsure:

The Peak Global is similar to the G-05 that Mercedes used to fill their cars with.

Do you have any other cars besides that CLA? If you have another car you can use the Global in, then get some Euro coolant. Peak and Zerex both make good coolants for your car.

How old is the car? What year is it? How many miles on it? :unsure:

The Peak Global is similar to the G-05 that Mercedes used to fill their cars with.

Do you have any other cars besides that CLA? If you have another car you can use the Global in, then get some Euro coolant. Peak and Zerex both make good coolants for your car.
The car is a 2014 CLA250 4MATIC with 99k miles was planning on all fluids at 100k from my research 2014 is the year the fluid changed to the newer spec on the 2.0 4cyl

I have this Global gold that I have been using on my fleet of various gas vehicles even tho it says all makes all models I have been flushing the vehicles before I refill them Ford 4.6 ,5.4, 6.8 various years from 1997 to 2012 also using the global in my 6.4 diesel fuel cooling system ( Super tech Red ELC )in the radiator

I think I am leaning towards the Euro Peak since the wording seems to contradict each other but it would be nice to just have fewer bottles on the shelf

Peak Euro violet is what they recommend for 2014-present Mercedes vehicles, and it's the standard euro Si-OAT coolant with no phosphate. Peak Global is a pure OAT so it's essentially a Dexclone with no 2-EHA which is much more modern than G-05 which Mercedes stopped using more than a decade ago. Either will work perfectly well in an 2014 CLA250.

I believe with a complete flush, PGL will serve you well. Long service interval OAT AF, no 2eha. Since you have 6 gallons anyway, use it.

Why not just purchase the correct coolant (G48?) for the vehicle? You don't have to buy the Mercedes-Benz branded coolant, although for my BMW it wasn't all that expensive.

Glysantin G40 is the correct (violet)

G48 is for all vehicles prior to 2014 cutoff.

harm is minimal if you go to peak

Get the Peak Euro blue or Zerex G-40. Mercedes loves their silicates. While PGL will also work, I have a feeling the silica gel pack in the coolant surge tank will deplete much faster if a SiHOAT isn’t used.

Reactions: Y_K
Back