PCV breather mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. San Francisco is still in Central California. Once you cross the Golden Gate and get to Marin, you are in Northern California. San Franciscans generally refer to SF as being in N CA, even on the news they commit that faux pas.

2. Some of my non-Californian friends take the liberty to call me Frisco Kid, so I take the liberty to use the term Frisco, which is considered to be derogatory. I often say I'm from the Bay Area, although that's confusing to folks from, for example, the Cheaspeake Bay. It's also a false statemnet, as I'm not even a Californian, but only live here by choice.

3. Morro Bay is great. I love the shore and the local elephant sea lion population there -- and I love visiting my dream house, the Hearst Castle.

I've heard that synthetic oil causes your sea lions to leak.........................no that doesn't sound right................oh yeah, it causes your seals to leak....ol' dopey me.

on topic... at least hook up the side that includes the PCV valve and goes on the intake side of the throttle body. That'll keep the gunk off the throttle blade and out of the idle air bypass passages. When you're pulling a vacuum (all the time except at WOT) fresh air will be going in that breather. At WOT you'll still digest fewer oily fumes.

quote:

Grumpy Jenkins and the drag race crowd actively encouraged crank case vacuum as a performance enhancer.

He developed the venturi/vacuum induced oil extractors that GM adopted for OEM for about a decade. Exhaust draft created the vacuum. It's a shame that they had to move all blowby emissions into the combustion chamber ..it really hogs up the intake. I guess the extractors hogged up the cat too much
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back