PC-11 HDEO

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I mentioned a few times before, as long as there still are dual rated ones available, I'll be happy.
wink.gif
I haven't seen much from Mobil on the matter, but they're obviously not sitting on their hands in this matter. They were at the forefront with an E6, E7, E9 lubricant, and I'm sure they'll be ready for this.

After all, like I also mentioned before, when CJ-4 came out, Imperial Oil got rid of the CI-4+ before I could blink.

Thanks Garak,

Should I continue to stock up on CJ-4 oils? Didn't have a diesel when CJ-4 came out, so not sure of any learning curves in the oil technology?

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Thanks Garak,

Should I continue to stock up on CJ-4 oils? Didn't have a diesel when CJ-4 came out, so not sure of any learning curves in the oil technology?

Absolutely no. CK-4 is a better technology and backward compatible with CJ-4 -- better base oils (more synthetic or synthetic-like), better additives.

Originally Posted By: mbacfp

I joke about it, but I'd say no. The oil companies aren't going to give away a pile of sales on vehicles that use CJ-4 or older on the upside of selling oil for vehicles that do not yet exist. Backwards compatibility has been the cornerstone of API service categories, and will remain so. There will be part of the specification that won't be backwards compatible, but the other part will be.

The high HTHS component of the PC-11 specification will be backwards compatible, as always, and perfectly serviceable for earlier categories. Of course, there will always be people worried that the older was better, but that doesn't tend to actually manifest itself in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back