parts sold and fulfilled by amazon

I have no problem ordering auto parts from amazon. have received aisin t-belt kit, serp belts, oil filters, engine mount, engine oil & trans fluid & diff fluid, and even ignition coils. all were ship & sold by amazon. all were still sealed in their original bag and box except for the warehouse deals serp belts which were just fine, nothing wrong with them. I used to work in a fulfillment center and some things occasionally would get mixed together but generally the lots get their own designated product code during the receiving process. I completely understand how some people would be hesitant or resistant to purchasing mission critical components out of fear.
Any time something has arrived and the quality is questionable or the item looks used or beat up, I return it for a refund or replacement.
Speaking of items looking used and beat up... rock auto has consistently sent me items like this in the past. Most times it looks like its previously been opened up and returned by someone else.

I have no problem ordering auto parts from amazon. have received aisin t-belt kit, serp belts, oil filters, engine mount, engine oil & trans fluid & diff fluid, and even ignition coils. all were ship & sold by amazon. all were still sealed in their original bag and box except for the warehouse deals serp belts which were just fine, nothing wrong with them. I used to work in a fulfillment center and some things occasionally would get mixed together but generally the lots get their own designated product code during the receiving process. I completely understand how some people would be hesitant or resistant to purchasing mission critical components out of fear.
Any time something has arrived and the quality is questionable or the item looks used or beat up, I return it for a refund or replacement.
Speaking of items looking used and beat up... rock auto has consistently sent me items like this in the past. Most times it looks like its previously been opened up and returned by someone else.
Watch the FTM vid I posted. A "sealed bag" is 100% meaningless and the deep fakes LOOK just like the real thing but for a "tell" or two (and I'm sure they're working on correcting those)

I completely understand how some people would be hesitant or resistant to purchasing mission critical components out of fear.
It's not fear, it's caution. We know there are fakes on Amazon. Fake parts, fake electronics, fake cosmetics, fake supplements, etc...

And Amazon does nothing. It's impossible for them not to know - so they just don't care.

most genuine items now come with a QR verification code you can scan, not all but most.
generally if you're buying parts off ebay you will most certainly 99% of the time get a counterfeit.
3rd party sellers that use amazon to ship their product are also almost always counterfeit.
I would think OEM would be the most common the counterfeit because they're preying on people looking for a good deal.
also they're going to counterfeit something they can actually make a profit on, not some one off parts that only fit one specific vehicle the was manufactured for 5 years.

How do I contact the seller?
You contact Amazon. That's who you paid and they need to know if their vendors aren't honoring their commitments.

FWIW, that item tells me it won't deliver until Feb 11-14. Nowhere in the continental US to my location takes more than (4) days so I suspect the seller doesn't have these in stock at the moment but are getting them in very soon.

Ordered these on Jan 8: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B097C98LCT?ie=UTF8

Still nothing. Hasn't shipped.

Special cost was $33.74

I am thinking the seller won't honor the deal. How long should I wait?

How do I contact the seller?
Calling Amazon customer service is usually super helpful. I've had situations where I didn't want a product or it was faulty (HDMI cable) and they just let me keep it or even gave me full credit back after the 30 day period.

Those are nice pliers, I hope you get them soon!

Contacting Amazon? Really?
Yes and why not ? Again, Amazon is handling the sale. Now, they can't ship them quicker or really make the seller ship them quicker. Most likely, they'll just refund your money.

If it's a third party fulfiller Amazon customer service probably won't be a lot of help, but you can try I guess. You should be able to contact the third party thru Your Orders

Amazon knows if things are being fulfilled because tracking information is entered when it ships. You won't be alerting Amazon proper to anything they don't already know.

On deals like this they often get overwhelmed from other tool sites or SlickDeals. I'd just wait it out if you want the pliers. You may not ever "lock them in" at that price again. Eventually Amazon's site should force a cancelation notice or force you to ok an extended delivery date -- the latter of which confuses me because they often still cancel it on me even though I've said I'm fine with whatever distant date they forecast.

I have found Amazon to be very diligent attempting to keep the customer satisfied, almost always going above and beyond.......unless that has changed recently?

I have found Amazon to be very diligent attempting to keep the customer satisfied, almost always going above and beyond.......unless that has changed recently?
Seems tougher

Start the CHAT.

"We are currently preparing your order to be shipped, so expect a delivery date soon. You can always find the latest shipping status and any updates from Your Orders page."

THAT is all I get.

I use Amazon chat support at least monthly. I'm only ever a few clicks and maybe a couple of bot questions away from a real human being. It's never been a problem. It is usually best to start from the purchase itself, not the general Contact Us link.

Back