parts source

Ive seen multiple discussions on counterfeit parts from Amazon sellers, and general consensus appears to be Rock Auto is safe are there any thoughts on Summit Racing?

Looking at a timing belt kit, RA and Summit both have it but Summit shipping is free and will arrive sooner.

I always use whoever is the cheapest

Back in 2013-16 it was always AAP with coupons, they are crazy expensive now

I use Amazon(Shipped by Amazon or Ship/Sold by Amazon) and RA exclusively now

I have never used Summit, it was always too expensive for the same part found cheaper elsewhere

Unless it's a specialty tool, I don't buy from other sellers where Amazon is not involved.

I haven't got any fake parts from RockAuto yet. I've never bought anything from Summit.

I feel guilty every time I get a part number from RockAuto and then use that part number to order from Amazon.

Problem with Amazon is they pooled the inventory of many sellers of the same product together, so you could buy from vendor A and got the inventory from vendor B, or the other way around. If you are lucky you can buy from a counterfeit guy and got a genuine, but you can also get a counterfeit from a genuine guy. I would probably not buy from them on critical parts, unless there is no fake due to small volume. I bought a pair of adjustable control arm from them and they were great. I wouldn't buy spark plugs from them on a hard to change engine.

I'd put Summit Racing up near the top for place I use for parts. In the OP's situation, why on earth would you NOT buy from them? Their shipping is free and it arrives sooner. It's a no brainer.

FCPEuro is my go to parts vendor.
I've been happy dealing with them for my Euro customers. Only problem I had was with a defective Thermostat on a Panamera - let them know and a replacement was at my place the next day along with a discount coupon for my next purchase.

It depends.
If i want a truly hassle free return experience, Amazon.
Rockauto's returns are also fairly straightforward but they can stick you with restock fees.
Never cross shopped at summit myself.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I do this all the time to find the lowest cost on Amazon, Walmart, and even AAP sometimes
I dunno how much is true and how much is a wives tale about fake parts.

Does anyone think WorldPac > rock > Amazon > Walmart? Many large parts are drop shipped.

How do I know the Draw Tite hitch I got from Walmart or the Curt ball and mount from Home Depot are genuine?

I have had great luck with purchasing from SUMMIT Racing. Their shipping is free for purchases over $99 and they ship faster than RockAuto. The only hick-up that I have encountered with SUMMIT is when you have to ship a core back to get reimbursed for the core charge. In two separate cases over 15 months, they did not include the core return shipping label (that I paid them extra for) until I called their customer service number a week later.

Back