parts sold and fulfilled by amazon

When you get the chat window, type "Representative". Type it a few times if necessary.
Hmmmm..............I might try this next time.

I have done the - call me - thing. They do call, but the people (not USA) simply cannot give status, They do not have access to the detailed information.

I am a Prime member. Have been for years.

In our house we buy most everything from Amazon. Hardly a problem but Amazon is good and quick to resolve a problem.
When buying vehicle parts, I look up the part number from the manufacturer and use it in the search function. Bought a ton of parts for the wife's 4Runner when I bought it used with LOTS of known problems. No problems getting exactly what I ordered.

I would avoid Amazon and eBay for auto parts. RockAuto only for me. It's so extremely common for sellers to fake parts. They basically take the cheapest aftermarket part and throw it in a reproduced OE box or bag, and "upload" that into the fulfilled by Amazon network. Reviews are almost meaningless because a seller could mix in their counterfeit parts with another legit seller's genuine parts and they all get sold under the same item page.

With something simple like brake pads, it's almost impossible to tell. The part only needs to last during the 30 day return period, then after of which it's almost impossible to do anything. If anyone has dealt with customer service, you'll know it's entirely automated so you'll never be able to get a hold of anyone. It's great for simple returns and refunds, but anything beyond that requiring human interpretation or intervention you'll be out of luck.

To be fair, automotive parts is a "gated" category, so Amazon does vette the sellers before allowing them to sell parts such as verifying they are a real automotive business or have a history of selling on Amazon. But there are ways around it, such as a sketchy reseller using their real auto parts company to distribute counterfeit parts.

Last edited:
Lol me too.

I'm going to let it ride.
I got an email. I am letting it ride:

Screenshot 2022-02-09 071550.jpg

Got it, thanks. Bottom line: If highly motivated Amazon employees don't feel like looking for your exact part, they can send out any old crap they come across in their warehouse.

Bottom line: If highly motivated Amazon employees don't feel like looking for your exact part, they can send out any old crap they come across in their warehouse.
Mistakes happen. That's not what this topic is about though. If (3) sellers offer an item for sale, one of the first steps to list it is you enter a valid identifier, like the product SKU. When sellers ship their items to Amazon, Amazon puts those with the same identifier in the same "bin". They really have limited resources when it comes to verifying that the item inside the box is what it's supposed to be. Blame scam or shady sellers for this, not Amazon.

Interesting that the Aisin timing belt kit was mentioned. Because I had an indie do the job, you know how it goes, customer supplied parts, no warranty, parts they supply, full warranty. So on the job which cost $950, I wanted to have the warranty, so I let them charge me for the parts. I don't remember today, but they must have made at least $150 compared to what I would pay online. So that was my warranty cost.

Since they returned all the old parts to me, I saw that it came from WORLDPAC, to the shop.

Who's to say WORLDPAC is real, and amazon is fake? maybe both are fake, or both are real lol

Got it, thanks. Bottom line: If highly motivated Amazon employees don't feel like looking for your exact part, they can send out any old crap they come across in their warehouse.
I don't think it's that simple--there should be a WMOS system that tells a robot where to get the part. Modern warehouses can be 1-3 mil sq feet, it's not like the employee knows there's one on the rack in AA 28' up, and another in AE 39' up, and decides to grab it wherever they want to....

Amazon = AliExpress quality products at brick and mortar store prices

I don't think Honda or Toyota is going to supply their genuine parts to Amazon or some Amazon reseller.

Amazon = AliExpress quality products at brick and mortar store prices

I don't think Honda or Toyota is going to supply their genuine parts to Amazon or some Amazon reseller.
actually the honda (genuine) parts I've gotten from Amazon (shipped/sold by) were parts Amazon bought from a Honda dealer! The distribution code sticker was still on the box where it showed the Honda dealer (shipped from) to Amazon (shipped to). So they're not buying directly from Honda but they are getting them from Honda dealers.

and before someone says buy from the online Honda dealers.. Amazon's price was 1/4 of even the online Honda dealers! at that price I had to take the chance, you kidding me?! (y)

actually the honda (genuine) parts I've gotten from Amazon (shipped/sold by) were parts Amazon bought from a Honda dealer! The distribution code sticker was still on the box where it showed the Honda dealer (shipped from) to Amazon (shipped to). So they're not buying directly from Honda but they are getting them from Honda dealers.

and before someone says buy from the online Honda dealers.. Amazon's price was 1/4 of even the online Honda dealers! at that price I had to take the chance, you kidding me?! (y)
I know what you are referring to. I bought my used Lexus from Buick GMC, and doing a brake job with OE parts was part of the deal. They returned all the old parts in the Lexus boxes, which had stickers showing the name of the Lexus dealer down the road from them. I'm sure if I hadn't insisted on OE, they could do Worldpac and get all the OEM or even aftermarket. And also no idea what but they would be heavily discounted being B2B, not retail.

I use to buy Ubiquiti Unifi network products from Amazon but then realized they were more than directly from Ubiquiti. At first I thought it was because of supply problems and Amazon was more because Ubiquiti was out of stock. That may be it in some cases but other times it's not. They are in stock at Ubiquiti and Amazon has them listed for more. In many cases it might say on Amazon regular price $150, your price $120, you safe $30. The list price on the Ubiquiti website was $99.

As they say, buyer beware.

I know what you are referring to. I bought my used Lexus from Buick GMC, and doing a brake job with OE parts was part of the deal. They returned all the old parts in the Lexus boxes, which had stickers showing the name of the Lexus dealer down the road from them. I'm sure if I hadn't insisted on OE, they could do Worldpac and get all the OEM or even aftermarket. And also no idea what but they would be heavily discounted being B2B, not retail.
hey that's actually nice that GMC dealer used actual Lexus parts! ya I agree they probably did get a nice wholesale discount being B2B.. it's crazy some of the discounts a business gets at the wholesale level!

I use to buy Ubiquiti Unifi network products from Amazon but then realized they were more than directly from Ubiquiti. At first I thought it was because of supply problems and Amazon was more because Ubiquiti was out of stock. That may be it in some cases but other times it's not. They are in stock at Ubiquiti and Amazon has them listed for more. In many cases it might say on Amazon regular price $150, your price $120, you safe $30. The list price on the Ubiquiti website was $99.

As they say, buyer beware.
I've noticed some of that too, even when you factor in the shipping prices directly from a manufacturer vs Amazon (W/prime). I've seen some crazy prices at Amazon for things, I'm thinking their pricing algorithm program is seeing 3rd party sellers raise prices so Amazon does for their pricing too.. But buyer beware is right!

IIRC, Amazon sellers can pay an extra $1 so that their listing is branded with the Prime logo and then the seller can send it from their location.

Another thing that annoys me about Amazon is they ship too much in plastic pouches or paper pouches. If I order a small filter and it's packaged in a box I would like it shipped in a box rather than a pouch. It gets a little mushed in a pouch.

Back