Paint color Personality

Hmmm

1EDB9F62-0514-4BBD-BA97-05525D374A4D.jpeg

I never really cared as long as it was not black or white. More importantly, looking for a good deal in good condition with the options I want. I have owned MANY different colors. Red and deep cherry red are probably my favorites...but the yellow on my Vette is growing on me.

I'm a little picky about colors if it's a new car, I think I prefer blue. If it's used, I don't care too much as long as it isn't black or some ugly green.

I've had:
'96 Silverado: Maroon
'97 Camry: Gold
'04 Beetle: Black :sick:
'00 Camry: Maroon (still own)
'96 Cherokee: White (still own)
'15 Sonata: Blue
'15 Genesis: Silver
'21 Tesla Model 3: Blue - Loved that color
'14 Grand Cherokee: Gold (still own)

If I'm buying a car for super long-term ownership, a good looking white, hopefully something with some pearl or "pizzaz" and not rental car white. Sun won't ruin it, always cleans up nice.

Something in the middle, silver is perfect.

If I was going for looks alone, black, midnight blue and dark colors are hard to beat. Problem is, after a few years, in the right lighting & direct sun, it shows imperfections / swirls, and sun is really tough on dark paint. That's a color I'd pick for a lease car, three years and I'm done with it.

Whether the car is garaged full time or not is another huge variable.

"When you drive around town in your black automobile, people can sense that you are not one to be trifled with. In fact, you are a power player who isn’t the least bit shy about proclaiming it."

Don't trifle with me in my black '07 4 cyl Accord! I'm a power player!
LOL!

Mine:
77 black 280Z
87 gray Olds Toronado Trofeo
86 red 300ZX turbo
96 red 3000GT SL
98 pearl white 3000GT
96 pearl white 300ZX
12 red Accord coupe

I like the newer white pearls and micas. Silver has always been a favorite. I prefer a more silver color to what usually comes as a blue or gray silver.

Some newer colors are really eye catching. Mazda’s Soul Red Crystal is a eye popper. The Smoked Mesquite brown on the new Tundra is sharp and Lexus has the Nori Green Pearl which is outstanding.

The Smoked Mesquite brown on the new Tundra is sharp and Lexus has the Nori Green Pearl which is outstanding.
Had to do a Google search (haven't seen one in person) but I came away thinking the 1970's are out to get us, just with some metallic flakes, a bit of paint technology and some shine thrown in. Curious how those colors fare in 10-15 years. Hope they do better than the metallic brown Ford used in the 1980's, that color didn't age well.

I prefer light color vehicles with light(er) color interiors that compliment the paint work. I like vehicles that clean up well.

I prefer light color vehicles with light(er) color interiors that compliment the paint work. I like vehicles that clean up well.
And stay looking clean, my Gold Mist Lucerne is good for not showing dust/dirt. The 99 LeSabre I had was Champagne which was a nice gold metallic. But both of these I would consider more of a beige than gold, but I'm color blind........

I'll take most colors other than red as that rarely appeals to me. Two colors that have been standout for me over the years is what was on the Mitsubishi Eclipse I had called Sunset Orange Pearlescent, which I simply called it root beer metal flake. The other is the Nismo specific white pearl on my current ride...

I'll take most colors other than red as that rarely appeals to me. Two colors that have been standout for me over the years is what was on the Mitsubishi Eclipse I had called Sunset Orange Pearlescent, which I simply called it root beer metal flake. The other is the Nismo specific white pearl on my current ride...

I had forgotten about that Mitsu orange. That was a fantastic color for the Eclipse.

I've always been partial to Acid Green offered by Porsche, and the Neon metallic highlighter yellow offered on the AMG G Wagen

Back