Paid posters for Auto Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Steve S
I haven't been paid to say ARX does what it claims to do.

Nor have I.

Frank did offer me a free bottle of Auto RX to do a second clean and rinse on my car after he saw the thread where I filtered my used oil through a Scott shop towel to see what gunk was suspended in it. He thought that because of the high miles on my car another Auto RX clean/rinse would remove even more gunk. I was anxious to switch over to synthetic oil, so I declined.

Originally Posted By: labman
Back a few years ago weren't some now former members found to be working for Wix?

It is called astro turf.

I have no idea, but anything is possible.

Originally Posted By: labman
Back a few years ago weren't some now former members found to be working for Wix?

It is called astro turf.

Indeed. The few people who worked for Exxon Mobil that are now former posters stood out like a sore thumb.

I love this thread!

01.gif

I'd believe it. I'm one of the posters who has posted both in support of ARX (I believe it works) and against those posters who defend every criticism of ARX like it's their first-born. I have no doubt there is some "incentive" behind their behavior. Frank offered me some free ARX (1 bottle free with purchase of another, I believe, would have to go back and check) a few years ago when he came across a positive posting of mine in defense of the product. It's not much of a leap to believe there are compensated defenders of ARX, and I think they can be spotted quite obviously.

Well, I have absolutely no problem posting about Auto-Rx other than those whose life is dedicated to burying it with a vengeance.

This is an Auto-Rx thread ..and there's a ton of MMO people that just.. for no other reason than they had nothing better to do than migrate from the Turtle Was sponsored board ..come over to BITOG are burying it in MMO promotion.

Who's wearing the invisible elephant costumes??

I've had an association with Frank with experiments of my own creation. dNewton3 was one that all of you will have a very hard time arguing with ..yet none of you are calling him a shill nor denying his results. You can't since it is an "inconvenient truth" in your premeditated bashing of this product.

You're relentless. You chased TallPaul off the board for a while with his totally innocent post of a "not for scientific anything" use of it.

You've really got to step back and see the obsession that has consumed a few of you and try to explain it to yourself. I don't even like to comment about this product anymore since it creates a toxic reaction from people who allegedly have no interest in it.

You've made this section a really bad reflection on the board. You can cite that Frank did that too, but that kind means that you're being just as much of a jerk.

This is ridiculous.

Loc: Maryland C3PO
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
Posted Sun January 03 2010 04:55 PM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Miller:
The posts are from users be careful of your sentences in your post.You were a paid poster for Auto-Rx and now over some point of anger over a issue of your making you post against Auto-Rx . Credibility is one of the most important product features. You wrong in everything you post (except your name )leave Auto-Rx out of your desire to make friends at any cost.

I see you finally admit that I was a paid poster for arx, if your product was so good then why would you need to pay posters, I would think the product would be able to sell itself.

I am not getting any money from Turtle Wax to post about MMO.

As you guys here can see I was a paid poster for arx, I know alot of you remember when SaturnFan called me an arx cheerleader and kingrob called me a troll for going after SaturnFan for using Berryman's B-12.

I was bought and used to push and promote arx, but when I realized MMO was a better product I was telling some of my friends behind the scenes about my success with the product instead of sharing it with everyone on the board right away, and that was wrong. I really thought arx was working until I started using MMO, if anyone bought arx based on my posts I am truly sorry, but I bought into the arx hype for awhile.

I then started talking about MMO on this board and then I left arx, I had an association with Frank Miller, and I ended up getting 33 free bottles of arx from it.

I think this is great that the truth is finally coming out, anyone have any questions for me.

You guys can find this post on Noria in a thread called MMO Is Better Than ARX.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: c3po
I ended up getting 33 free bottles of arx

whoa, that's a lot of goodies
shocked2.gif

Feel free to mail it to me, if there is any left that is, since you're not going to be using it.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

shocked2.gif

Feel free to mail it to me, if there is any left that is, since you're not going to be using it.

I couldn't mail you a product that does not work as advertised.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

shocked2.gif

No, but then we'd be talking about a product other than Auto RX.

I did give some of it away to some friends in my area, they were not impressed with arx, they likened it to Duralube or Slick50.

I'm not sure what you guys are doing wrong but it sure works great for me. Restored compression in a cylinder and for the time being anyways, postponed a steering rack replacement.

My PS rack had a slight leak and had some real stiff spots when turning until it warmed up. Flushes didn't help any so I put some RX in there and that rack smoothed right out and the leak stopped.

I don't like participating in these kind of threads but when you say auto rx doesn't work I know that just isn't true.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Well, I have absolutely no problem posting about Auto-Rx other than those whose life is dedicated to burying it with a vengeance.

This is an Auto-Rx thread ..and there's a ton of MMO people that just.. for no other reason than they had nothing better to do than migrate from the Turtle Was sponsored board ..come over to BITOG are burying it in MMO promotion.

I've had an association with Frank with experiments of my own creation. dNewton3 was one that all of you will have a very hard time arguing with ..yet none of you are calling him a shill nor denying his results. You can't since it is an "inconvenient truth" in your premeditated bashing of this product.

You're relentless. You chased TallPaul off the board for a while with his totally innocent post of a "not for scientific anything" use of it.

You've really got to step back and see the obsession that has consumed a few of you and try to explain it to yourself. I don't even like to comment about this product anymore since it creates a toxic reaction from people who allegedly have no interest in it.

You've made this section a really bad reflection on the board. You can cite that Frank did that too, but that kind means that you're being just as much of a jerk.

This is ridiculous.

No, THIS is what is ridiculous.

This entire debacle started because BITOG was turned into the Auto-RX marketing machine (and I mean MACHINE like a big city political machine) for a brief while. ANY and all dissension of the product or praise or even questions about other products were immediately put down by Frank and a select group of people who we now know were given free product with precise instructions from Frank to continue posting positive things about Auto-RX while simultaneously bashing other products or people who question Auto-RX.

I don't think Brent is a liar as others have stated the exact same thing!

The sad and ridiculous part is Frank and his cohorts ran a few good guys off this board - just so he could continue his marketing machine.

And you know what? I even used Auto-RX once and it DID remove deposits off the dipstick of my Toyota when I first bought it!

Last edited:
Again, I ask, how much is going on with other stuff? A few bottles of ARX makes for very cheap advertising. I am much more trusting of honest people such as Johnny, PeteC, and all the people with Amsoil avatars. If you don't believe in a product, you shouldn't be selling it. If you do believe in it, I see nothing wrong posting positives about it as long as you are honest about your interest.

I am totally disgusted with those whose integrity is for sell cheap. I am quite suspecious of a number here.

When you dance with the Devil, you wait for the music to stop!
It seems Frank did just that, and the band has stopped playing his tune.

I was one who was badgered into buying Arx on this site, When I decided I would report the results (overseen by respectable members of a local Car Club) Frank got upset. The debacle lead to my 'departure' from BITOG after I posted some private messages I had received.
I do believe that Arx may have some value.
I personally, in my application, did not see any tangible results.
I have a strong dislike of Frank and the way he operates.

Is THIS ridiculous?

The saddest part about this entire comedy is that the reputation upon which BITOG was founded - an honest open discussion about automotive products without the snake oil sales, seems to have been severely damaged. Every automotive forum I frequent has a view that BITOG is nothing but a marketing website and forum.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
The saddest part about this entire comedy is that the reputation upon which BITOG was founded - an honest open discussion about automotive products without the snake oil sales, seems to have been severely damaged. Every automotive forum I frequent has a view that BITOG is nothing but a marketing website and forum.

I think in these posts the truth and honesty seems to be coming back. There is some opposition, but not as bad as in the past. People are speaking up, and aren't being smacked down as much about using other products now. There are people for and against all products, however now the tide has changed and we are seeing some good info coming from these threads.

Auto-Rx & MMO [Re: dbdeland]
c3po Online content

Loc: Maryland
The car was running fantastic in the last 5000 miles because of the MMO added too the auto-rx, what did you guys think I was going to mention MMO on the auto-rx website, please.

I just thought it would be nice to give auto-rx credit since Frank was nice enough too give me a free case of arx, that's 24 bottles guys.

Of course I turned around and bought 24 bottles from Frank and he added in 6 more bottles, so you can see that with 30 free bottles of arx I made auto-rx sound good but I kind of left out the MMO part, gives Frank's hatred of MMO.

This information is on page 19 in a thread called ARX & MMO in the oil additive section here.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

This is ridiculous.

No, THIS is what is ridiculous.

This entire debacle started because BITOG was turned into the Auto-RX marketing machine (and I mean MACHINE like a big city political machine) for a brief while. ANY and all dissension of the product or praise or even questions about other products were immediately put down by Frank and a select group of people who we now know were given free product with precise instructions from Frank to continue posting positive things about Auto-RX while simultaneously bashing other products or people who question Auto-RX.

I don't think Brent is a liar as others have stated the exact same thing!

The sad and ridiculous part is Frank and his cohorts ran a few good guys off this board - just so he could continue his marketing machine.

And you know what? I even used Auto-RX once and it DID remove deposits off the dipstick of my Toyota when I first bought it!

Okay ..your last line is the kicker/killer. You're ganging in with the mania here.

If you think Frank was the devil's spawn FINE.

Would that have the slightest association to turning any discussion about Auto-Rx into a MMO circle jerk??

Hey, I used Auto-Rx and it worked

Don't do that! Use MMO instead. The guy lied to you ..and you didn't get the results you saw ..and since we'll bury this thread ..no one else will either .. you can pack up and you're not welcome here ...even if you're a nice person otherwise. You just stepped into the snake pit of Frank Miller haters and you just are dog do-do as far as we're concerned.

That is, look what happens to ANYONE who posts about Auto-Rx.

Frank was obsessive, overbearing, inflexible, intractable, and adamantine.

So?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back