"page cannot be displayed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys have a strange problem maybe someone has an idea, just recently i'm unable to open my Hotmail or one particular car web site forum everything else I can open fine, when I click on it it starts to load but all I see is the browser ring spinning and spinning saying "waiting for the site" etc.. that i'm trying to access, then after some time it times out and says page cannot be displayed, thinking it was my PC I went to the library and tried there free internet and bingo works fine I can log onto anything I want so im thinking my internet is blocking something?

bypassing the router and going right off the modem does nothing.

using IE10 windows 7, AT&T internet provider.

I hate when people tell me this.... and now I'm going to say it to someone else!

Try cleaning your browser cache.

If you have another browser installed, and you should have, try opening those sites in another browser like Firefox or Chrome.

If you haven't already, download and install Ccleaner free and run that. It will clean all your browsers, temp files etc. Excellent program, safe and you can't beat the price.

No other browser installed,,

update..tried it again it worked for me once but loaded very slowly but then couldn't navigate around the site once in,then couldn't log in again.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
Download and run the free version of CCleaner.

Link To Download Site

Download and try the Google Chrome web browser.

Link To Download Site

Do you use something like Malwarebytes from time to time to scan the system? yes I have the pro ver.

But i'm thinking its NOT.. my PC that's the problem, as stated above if I use my PC on another wifi network it works fine.. come back to my network then it doesn't work, ill also add my friends PC will not load the same way if on my network, thats why i'm thinking its not my PC its my internet.

The only possibility that comes to mind is that the pages you're unable to access are just taking too long to reply and your router times out.

You can try the suggestions that have already been offered and try resetting the modem to factory.

In all likelihood they won't do much but they won't do any harm either.

I've read that, in other similar cases, the issue cleared up on its own after a bit, 2 or 3 weeks.

Beyond that, I'm baffled. Story of my life. :)

Thanks guys will try it, but...if I by pass the router and go strictly through the modem it does the same thing makes no different. Strange.

Update.. just tried open DNS but still no go, should I try to call my ISP and ask them if there's any issues??

Yea very frustrating!!, maybe I'll call AT&T, don't know what else it could be, some pages either don't load or load slow where others load fast/fine.

Try another browser, either firefox or chrome. That is the first thing to do. IE is an awful browser. You will be way more secure on either firefox or chrome anyway.

I cant believe I didn't think of this earlier but I restarted my modem and bingo all is well.. for now. I've been having some trouble with it so I may have to get a new one soon.

any more problems ill post back thank you for all the suggestions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back