P0337

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car is 2005 Hyundai Sonata. I had the timing belt replaced and not long after that (maybe 4-5000 miles after) it stalled on the freeway.No MIL at first, started but stalled again.On the next start I was able to drive home. I cleaned the throttle body.I had difficulty starting it afterwards.When it started it began stalling a minute into running.

And that day check engine light appeared in the garage.Scanned it and P0337 Crankshaft sensor a high..something like that appeared on the screen.

Before taking the car to the shop (probably not the same Hyundai dealer which replaced the belt) I thought I should replace the battery and see if it helps. The battery is original.No starting problems prior to this incident.

Do you think it might be battery related?

Crankshaft position sensor is not that expensive buying online and fairly easy to change. Check what are available for your Sonata on Amazon.

Changing the 7 years old battery before winter is not a bad idea either.

The battery has nothing to do with your problem, but you may want to have it load tested as it is likely reaching the end of its life.

The crankshaft position sensor is definitely one of those parts that can fail on many cars, and based on the description of the problem, it does sound like that is likely your problem. As always, make sure wiring is inspected at the sensor and all the way to the PCM just in case something is loose or corroded. No sense throwing parts at the problem.

If you want to check or change anything yourself, you can sign up at http://www.hmaservice.com for free service information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back