oversized filter and Dodge Intrepid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!I have a 95 Dodge Intrepid w/ 3.3 V6. I could use a Fl-1A Motorcraft. Has anyone with this type of car used one?
It would make things simple since I can use that size for my Mustang and the wife's Ranger.
confused.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 90mustang:
Hey! I have a 95 Dodge Intrepid w/3.3 V6. I could use a Fl-1A Motorcraft. Has anyone with this type of car used one?
It would make things simple since I can use that size for my Mustang and the wife's Ranger.
confused.gif

Hey 90mustang,

My wife's 97 has the 3.5L engine, but it's the same arrangement as yours. The FL1A fits fine, but it's about 1.5 inches longer and rubs the power steering reservoir hose. I was able to pull it out of the way by using a cable tie, but it's still pretty close. Other than that, it works fine
smile.gif
cheers.gif

Hey,thanks JoggingGuy! It'll make filter inventory more simple. LOL. Plus, the ol' Dodge will have a lil' more oil. Have you ever used the Supertech ST16 on yours? I just started mine up and heard a lot of valvetrain noise. It was about 40 degress out with 10W30 Havoline dino.

I have the same problem with the 3.5L engine. It drains back after a few days and I get the dry start clattering noises for a few seconds. It did it with the previous filter, the FL1A, and still does it with the ST 10W30 dino. That engine runs hotter and seems to like thicker oil, so I might try a 10W40 or 15W40 next time with a Wix filter to see if that helps. If all that doesn't work, I might try some 10W30 with the Schaeffers #132
gr_eek2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back