Overlooking a Critical Issue With Our New Tires

My 1.5 ton racing jack from HF works for my accord and her Altima, but I had to use wooden blocks for her daughters jeep and Crv.

Bought a 3 ton Pittsburg jack from HF, problem solved.

View attachment 153565
@John105 There some debate as to what the 40mm means on the springs some say it's the amount that been taken off stock springs (40mm shorter than stock spring height) while other say it's the amount you'll end up with. In this case, we ended up with less than 40mm at the rear. Also, it's my understanding that the Bilstein b6 have "tear" or steps that allow the spring to sit in multiple positions on the struts. Meaning there are three tears or step ups on these struts as to allow for adjustments when the coil has been tightened onto the strut. The tech selected the lowest setting or tear thus ending up with a reduced height. So it's our assumption that by cutting off 5mm-8mm worth of coil that sets into the lowest tear, it should level the van out.

@AZjeff This a snip for a video we did as I sent this to Cobra Coil, Netherlands to show them after adding the rear coil springs it lowered the rear of the van more then we expected, thus shifting the weight towards the back and raising up the front slightly. I was afraid it would look like we're dragging our ass.. Granted there's not much difference between the gap at the front and the gap at the rear, maybe 8mm-10mm if that. But we don;t like how this looks. Again, the only front lowering springs Cobra ca offer is is 20mm and that's too much with these Bilstein struts.
Wouldn't you just move the rear spring up to the next "step-up", since you said it's on the lowest one, to make it level? Certainly sounds favourable to cutting springs 🤷‍♂️

@02zx9r rev2 going from a 2 ton to a 3 ton which weighs 40 lbs more is not an option. No room in the van, nor this old back of mine could not lift it.

sounds to me like Lostintransit is going to have to figure this one out on his own

Using two old barbells and had the shop weld these up creating a gig for the 2 ton floor jack. Adding those barbells to the floor jack finally allowed the 2 ton jack to lift the van completely (front and rear) off the ground in order to extract the wheels for cleaning or rotation and peice of mind.

@02zx9r rev2 going from a 2 ton to a 3 ton which weighs 40 lbs more is not an option. No room in the van, nor this old back of mine could not lift it.

I understand that completely. I keep mine in my shed so I can just roll them out when needed. If I had to go change a flat I would take the 1.5 ton, like you said, much lighter.

I just wanted the bigger jack so I could get the extra clearance to not have to use the blocks

Back