Overfilled coolant holding tank, should i remove some?

That is too bad! I really wanted to yank your chain if you had used spray from say Windex or something like that :)
Once again, even with a used spray which was rinsed in water would have been fine but I would have scared you just for fun.
Hahaha if I didn't have clean ones and was in a pinch I absolutely would've cleaned a Windex one or something lol

$14 Orange siphon from AutoZone can get in there, I've been in this situation before and always put it to the middle when cold.

You will notice that the level will go up some when the engine is used (warmed up) and then should settle to the original level when full cold; this is normal, as described in post by Vikas.

Id be more worried about that dodgy looking rusted spring hose clamp and slightly bulging hose than the coolant.
worse case scenario next summer an ounce or 2 escapes the overflow bottle.
Spring clamps are banjo clamps right
IMG_0335.jpeg

Seriously, those spring type OEM clamps really can last for decades as long as you don't disturb them. My experience is only with Japanese cars but from what I have observed Korean faithfully copy Japanese techniques when it comes to building a car and the engine in OP's car can happily sit in a Corolla or Camry.

Spring clamps are banjo clamps right
No.

Banjo is the brand name for a manufacturer of hose fittings. They may make some spring clamps but their namesake is a type of T-bolt clamp.

The bulge seen in the hose is from the bump on the end of the nipple which is completely normal.

No.

Banjo is the brand name for a manufacturer of hose fittings. They may make some spring clamps but their namesake is a type of T-bolt clamp.

The bulge seen in the hose is from the bump on the end of the nipple which is completely normal.
I dont see the "spring" but I get it, you're saying it's name branding. I've only ever heard those referred to as "banjo clamps"

Perhaps use the Google machine to see what a banjo clamp actually is rather than believe your sketchy mechanics.
1643990400263.png

The principle of operation of the clamp shown on the OP's car is that the whole thing is made of spring metal. It depends on inherent springiness to apply force to the hose.

Perhaps use the Google machine to see what a banjo clamp actually is rather than believe your sketchy mechanics.
View attachment 87519

The principle of operation of the clamp shown on the OP's car is that the whole thing is made of spring metal. It depends on inherent springiness to apply force to the hose.
Or, think about what a "spring" is. Springs look like this.. I still dont see the spring in the spring clamp.

It's the metal now. I see. Things not obvious to what is called a banjo clamp,.

istockphoto-652453652-612x612.jpg

It depends on inherent springiness to apply force to the hose.

That is clamping force, not a spring.

You know I'm very tempted to ride out these hose clamps and hoses to be honest with you. I have zero leaks or anything like that and I feel like if I were to disturb it, then i would be replacing everything. To note I've had a half dozen different Hyundais and or kias over the past 15 years and I've never replaced a hose or hose clamp regarding the cooling system on any of them.. I just replace the coolant, and clean all the rubber hoses, and none have ever blown/leaked/or had broken clamps.

Trust me, it is never a good idea to replace those OEM clamps with the screw type clamps. Never ever. Those need to be constantly fiddled when external temperate goes from one extreme to another.

Trust me, it is never a good idea to replace those OEM clamps with the screw type clamps. Never ever. Those need to be constantly fiddled when external temperate goes from one extreme to another.
Point taken.

Seriously, those spring type OEM clamps really can last for decades as long as you don't disturb them. My experience is only with Japanese cars but from what I have observed Korean faithfully copy Japanese techniques when it comes to building a car and the engine in OP's car can happily sit in a Corolla or Camry.
I agree with you there honestly. I'm just gonna leave well enough alone and rock it out. I've had at least a half a dozen different Hyundai/Kia vehicles and never have I had an issue with a blown hose or leaky clamps or anything like that. These are the same style clamps that Honda and others use and I almost believe it's the same rubber even because they do seem to last the life of the car....

You know I'm very tempted to ride out these hose clamps and hoses to be honest with you. I have zero leaks or anything like that and I feel like if I were to disturb it, then i would be replacing everything. To note I've had a half dozen different Hyundais and or kias over the past 15 years and I've never replaced a hose or hose clamp regarding the cooling system on any of them.. I just replace the coolant, and clean all the rubber hoses, and none have ever blown/leaked/or had broken clamps.
As stated previously, it does seem to be true that they only MAY lose clamping force once removed.. even then, they may be okay after careful reapplication.

Those things are resilient.

UPDATE time already. I brainstormed and came up with a brilliant idea lol. I use the spray bottle mechanism, put the little tube inside of the holding tank and sprayed in to a holding bottle the extra coolant, which in turn sucked up the fluid out of the tank. Fluid level is now perfect. :-D
Good solution. I used the pump from a bottle of hand soap (cleaned, of course) to pump out a power steering reservoir once.

The reservoir probably has an outlet somewhere that would direct excess to the ground, but that could make one worry about a coolant leak.

Back