over dosing ones fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humm... I've wondered, for a car that doesn't get any dose, just straight gas, then someone decided to try a couple bottles of Regane. So 2 bottles of the stuff - dose one bottle to a tank, run it down, then on next fill use the 2nd bottle - or - dose both bottles to a tank fill. What difference would it be?

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Humm... I've wondered, for a car that doesn't get any dose, just straight gas, then someone decided to try a couple bottles of Regane. So 2 bottles of the stuff - dose one bottle to a tank, run it down, then on next fill use the 2nd bottle - or - dose both bottles to a tank fill. What difference would it be?

Errtt,

The idea is to keep the gasoline well dosed with solvent and while driving the solvent will clean the internals like valves and such. To keep within my budget I use the infamous and well hated ARCO gasoline which has been catagorized on this forum as discount/lower quality gas so the solvent put in by the factory might be much less compared to another brand like Shell or Chevron. In addition on the way I most likely fill my tank up once either in Palm Springs or go farther to Blyth in which case there's a Union 76 or Chevron at those spots. In the other direction there's a Circle K station which is convient to stop by but in AZ I don't know where they get their gas from. At that point I'll fill up and re-dose the tank until I get back to CA.

If you used Chevron then also added the Techron CONCENTRATE--you'd be getting a very nice high does of Techron the whole time you used Chevron. If we Had Chevron in this area, that is all I would use---price be 'darned'

Yes, the Chevrons are all gone, gone gone (like John Hiatt says
wink.gif
), and most of the Mobils are also not anywhere to be found in the northern part of the state.
'Russkie Oil' (LukOil) seems to be taking over their locations.

Is that "Highway Drive" the best way for a fuel system cleaner to work?...on Combustion Chamber deposits?...On valve deposits?

I ask as there has to be a "best way" for those cleaners to work. I always wondered, is a bunch of cold starts on that tank full of cleaner best? A series of 1/4 mile WOT runs? A long Highway cruse?

Does any one know? Does it even make a difference?

I make at least 2 trips to Tucson annually, and before every trip a bottle of Regane x2 is put in the tank along with Shell gas. on the trip back another bottle of Regane x2 is put in the tank, car runs great and I have to believe the Regane along with the high speeds flying thru the desert does an engine good
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back