Over 233,000 Miles on a Chrysler "Cloud Car"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Who would of thought??? too bad she no longer runs. a broken flexplate mounting bolts was the main cause for the car going to junk yard. Motor and transmission were perfect. engine had 170+ PSI compression on all cylinders. Tranny shifted MINT. Little rocker rust, but other then that it was clean. Pretty impressed, but i would not get another one.. The car in question was a 1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXI loaded Mitsubishi 2.5L V6 (95-00 Chrysler Cirrus, Dodge Stratus, Plymouth Breeze)
IMG_20140308_083120_zps693548f8.jpg

My mother's 97 breeze is still running strong with close to that. With the dreaded 5-block commutes for its whole life too... But running syn on the non-severe interval.

People don't give Chrysler products their due....there are plenty of 200/300K mile Mopars over at Allpar.com...RAMS,Grand Cherokees,Dakotas,cars.....don't discount Chryslers,especially older ones.

We had a 96 Stratus with the 2.4 and it was worn by 60k miles without being abused. It would have been a decent car if it was better built with higher quality parts. I thought it was one of the better looking cars when it first came out.

We have a 1996 Concorde LXI 3.5L currently with 194+K on the clock. We are the 3rd owner and have had it since 99K. Other than replacing a broken ball joint, can't say I have anything to complain about. Just replaced the original alternator 2 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back