Chrysler Stratus FlexPlate Transmission 2.5L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Good Day!. Im in the process of removing the transmission on a Chrylser Breeze/Stratus/cirrus with the Mitsubishi 2.5L V6 and 41TE Trans. (JA Platform) The original problem was alack of power with P1391 code. Replaced CPS censor. 2 miles after replacement car stalled. i tried to start it back up but sounded as the starter was just spinning. had the car towed home, i removed the starter and it checked out fine. The FLEXPLATE was not attached to anything and you could spin it with your finger.

What would be the best way to proceed would you say? Should i pull the engine and trans as 1? I already have have completed a good amount. Pictures attached.

Thank you. Cheers!

PARTS_zps6c29584d.jpg

parts2_zps6209470e.jpg

Parts1_zps09495f82.jpg

IMG_20140224_111743_zpsb80893e5.jpg

parts3_zpsffa2ca7b.jpg

I would just continue on with trans out only as with any car with some years and miles on it wires and looms can be damaged by moving them and connectors don't like being touched. It looks like you are almost there from the photo. One quick note is most people just get it out or back enough to work in between engine and trans and then slide it bakc in, some cars there is a big difference between all the way out and back enough for flywheel replacement.

AND ANOTHER BITES THE DUST.
NINE repair shops would not touch this car.. 2 of the nine would, but for 1600+$ and most of the shops stated to scrap the car.. WELL... After like 20 hrs worth of work in to it, i can say,
MAJOR involvement.. Not worth fixing. I guess ill never know for sure, but the flexplate is not attached ...that i know. The K Frame Bolts 2 are stripped. then i could not even get to the rear motor mounts, other then the flexplate to torque converter bolts it was ready to be removed.. Shes off the Chrysler Heaven!

All 233,412 miles!!!! May we have a moment of silence.

Scrapping it is probably the best advice. With 1/4 million miles, it's served it's duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back