Outstanding Used BMW Score

The best (looking and driving) five series BMW ever. I had that same car for 15 years. Loved to drive it, hated to work on it. They were the first BMW included maintenance cars and those 15,000 mile oil changes didn't do them any good.

It's a good thing he's handy, because he will be working on it... a lot.

There are examples that do work. My close friend has a ‘97 M3 with around 260k on it, auto trans. The paint has peeled, the plastic bumpers sag, and the radiator is mishimoto. All of the rubber is shot around the windows. He had a shop last year replace all of the suspension rubber for mid $2k. It’s on its original ATF as far as we know. He still drives it about 4 days per week. The PO ratted it out a bit with a loud exhaust and suspension drop, so the history isn’t pristine. But, aside from normal failures associated with the age (ps pump last year), it keeps going. Even the dot matrix displays. I do realize this isn’t the norm for bmw ownership, and he isnt bothered by failing trim, door cards, etc..

Reactions: CKN
I had an E39 528i that I kept for about 4 years and 130k miles. I liked it but flipped it for an E83 X3 2.5. I kept it for 12 years and 198k miles. Both weren’t all that expensive to run.

Back