"Optimal" brand parts, any experience?

Thinking I might have a wheel bearing acting up on the Volvo. Noticed Optimal brand wheel bearings for a bit cheaper than skf,timken, etc.

Normally, I'd say forget it, but this brand is carried by FCP for some applications, and looks like it's maybe made in Germany..?

Hard to find much about them since their brand is a common English adjective.

Anyone with experience with this brand? Please don't bother posting an opinion if you don't know anything about this company.

I put one rear wheel bearing assembly on my car, it looked very nice quality but started getting noisy again after 1 year. The original bearing lasted 8 years.

I doubt it's made in germany though, chinese bearings most likely.

Optimal was the cheapest that had product in stock and had the nut and grease cap included in the picture, that's why I went with them.

Thinking I might have a wheel bearing acting up on the Volvo. Noticed Optimal brand wheel bearings for a bit cheaper than skf,timken, etc.

Normally, I'd say forget it, but this brand is carried by FCP for some applications, and looks like it's maybe made in Germany..?

Hard to find much about them since their brand is a common English adjective.

Anyone with experience with this brand? Please don't bother posting an opinion if you don't know anything about this company.
I would skip it. Stick with SKF or Volvo. I’ve had mixed results with “German” substitute parts. They’re often not German, just a German company boxing up third world stuff.

A wheel hub is enough of a pain that I wouldn’t wanna have to redo the job in a year when the Third World part fails.

+1 on the above. You don't want to do this job twice just to save a couple bucks. Once upon a time, I had a B5 Audi A4 1.8TQ that just ate through all 4 wheel bearings. It was NOT fun having them replaced.

Back