Opinion Needed: CorrosionX HD vs. Corrosion Free 3000

Hello everyone,

I have recently gone through a gallon of Corrosion Free Formula 3000. I am satisfied with its rust preventive performance but I am trying to see if CorrosionX HD is the better of the 2. I've used Fluid Film before and I have no plans of using it since it washes off easy.

For those who have experienced both products, which of the 2 performs better in your opinion?

Take care all,

Paulo

What is the location?

Corrosion free he that I've seen at Canadian Tire (I believe) is an aerosol spray, vs corrosion x which is just an oil that may not fog as well.

Any place that fluid film will wash off, corrosion x will as well. I tried to treat some undercarriage rust on my old BMW with corrosion X but it was not long lasting.

Is this protection of an intact surface, or is this a rusty surface? If rusty, you'll probably want to treat it somewhat first.

I like the creep of oil in enclosed areas. Ive also seen FF perform well where there is not wash. Krown has lasted in thin coatings on suspension parts, but also suffers from wash. Something that leaves a heavier film, like Boeshield, Amsoil JD,p, or cosmoline may be a better option for some locations, but if they cure or harden and are exposed to lots of moisture can trap it underneath. I like the concept of a semi hardening coating topped with an oil spray to get any cracks or faults, but you have to be so inclined and in reality it's a mess to work on after the car is coated in this stuff.

Corrosion X aerosols will for sure wash off. 40 year marine guy recommended it for my motor jack plate with dissimilar metals … but I have to respray each trip in the saltwater … Knowing that, it is quick and it works well for this since it lands thin, penetrating before it gels up.

For many other things I'd rather treat the corrosion, primer, and top coat like ships still do.

^^^Thank you both.

JHZR2, my location is in the DC metro area. This will be used on both intact, rust free areas and pinch welds and other very hard to reach areas where very light rust is starting to develop. For rusted out areas that are very easy to get to, I plan on using OSPHO to convert the rust then paint over.

I ended up just buying Corrosion Free 3000 again since I am satisfied with it and is way cheaper than Corrosion X HD.

I looked into both products last year. Very expensive stuff. I didn't know if the cost is worth it vs. the FF and Woolwax I've used. Either of those will wash off, but only on areas that get blasted badly by road spray.

JTK,

Yes, Corrosion Free 3000 does indeed wash off from high water spray areas. Its just that I find it to be more resistant from being washed off than FF.

TOOOO many shortcuts for others to know whats being discussed. at least once a product or whatever should be spelled out!!

Back