only 1/2 quart of oil left in the sump.... 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, normal people do it all the time. How many times has an affluent normal person gone to a BMW dealer to have their oil changed every 10,000 miles because BMW says it's OK to ?[/quote]

What's the problem with a 10k oil change if that's what the manufacturer recommends? I have a Blackstone analysis done and the oil is still fine.

You think maybe "affluent" people are harder on their oil?

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
I dont see the correlation to "normal" and/or "affluent". Maybe just me but I believe idiot is idiot...."normal" or abnormal and "affluent" or not so much! If I had 10mil in the bank waste is waste and ruin is ruin.

You can take 'affluent' out of the sentence if you want to. I just added that in because the person was driving a BMW under warranty. I agree, affluent people are not always more intelligent than other normal people of lower economic classes.

I would think if money were tight and you didn't have the ability to repair or replace your vehicle you would baby it and be on top of stuff like this, but I guess not.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I would think if money were tight and you didn't have the ability to repair or replace your vehicle you would baby it and be on top of stuff like this, but I guess not.

Yes, but I'd also bet that those very same 'normal' people would have NO problem dumping 3 grand every year or two on a new Mac Book or such, because that is a "necessity for life".
31.gif

You can't educate stupid.

GF won't actually LET me check/top-up the oil on her scooter. I have to do it by stealth....which reminds me (dons black roll-neck sweater and reaches for oil bottle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back