One oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really like to use just one oil for the following:

1) '08 Nissan Altima 2.5L
2) '07 Saturn Aura XR 3.6L
3) '87 Honda Fatcat 200cc motorbike
4) '93 Toro 6hp OHV 22" lawnmower:)

I don't like changing oil much anymore so I really like extended drain intervals & synthetic oil, but have a hard time going much past 12K miles, & don't like to spend much more than $25 for 5qts much less inventory a bunch of different oils.

So that said, what do you recommend? 5w/30 PP, Mobil 1, SuperTech Syth, 5w/40 Shell Rotella T, or something else & why?

M1 5-30EP at WM, $26.00. 15000 mile oil. Problem solved.
Don't know about the bike.

Last edited:
If your motorbike shares its transmission oil with its motor oil it should be using JASO-MA wet clutch certified oil. If that is the case the HDEO if it had no friction modifiers would perhaps cover everything....maybe...

Thanks, yeah it's a engine/trans wetclutch combo deal. Was using Amsoil 15w/40 marine diesel oil in it; will check out the JASO-MA stuff.

I'm not shure what the great advantage of a single oil to service vastly different equipment. How much lawnmower and 200cc bike oil do you really go through anyway? They can be changed in minutes as well, no great merit to extended drains on them.

That all being said, Motorcraft is cheap and good for the equipment, and PP is an obvious choice to go extended in the cars.

Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
I would say the M1 EP, simply because you say you prefer 12k OCI's....

I agree, I'd be fine using it in everything except the bike. For that just use Motorcycle Oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back