One Filter, One OCI....Or, Use It Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
There were some discussions in the past touting the benefits of the additional residual oil. Dave, where are you?
Benefits or lack of detriments?

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Well, you fine members know that I like paying it forward (THANKS 2015_PSD). Would you give them to an unfortunate person that can't afford an OCI?

No, I would not. I would not give them something I thought would cause a problem.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Somebody contact the mods! BOF's account has been hi-jacked!
laugh.gif

crackmeup2.gif
... I was thinking the same thing, maybe Aliens got him. There goes BOF ... --->
50.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Somebody contact the mods! BOF's account has been hi-jacked!
laugh.gif

crackmeup2.gif
... I was thinking the same thing, maybe Aliens got him. There goes BOF ... --->
50.gif

It's about time you show up. I thought you were going to hide all day, knowing that I'm correct!
grin.gif

A car with that many miles driven that little, I'd just change the oil and the filter once a year and not lose sleep over it.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
A car with that many miles driven that little, I'd just change the oil and the filter once a year and not lose sleep over it.

That's what he is currently doing.
BTW, that Delvac was on clearance for $10.

At only 2 to 3k miles a year I'd go two years for the oci. My '99 Ford pickup gets new oil every other year and have been doing this on it for 10 or 11 years now. I do put a little more miles on it than your son does but I still don't get over 9k miles for the two years. Heck I have to change out my tires due to age(rot) well before they run out of tread.

ROD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back