One crazy Goose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DoubleDee
Kudos to the guy, he was awfully nice to that goose.

Exactly. Some guys would have invited the goose home for supper. (BTW, I have a couple of geese that my kids have as a 4H project. The geese can be quite humorous, especially around dogs and cats!)

Geese are very territorial. When they have a nest with eggs or young, they are reckless. It's very likely that goose was just defending a nest. I am also pretty sure the guy was aware of that, or he wouldn't have remained so calm! Geese and swans can actually hurt a human. Their wings are strong enough to break a humans arm.

I love the shot of the guy grabbing the goose around the neck, body with feet dangling, then chucking the bird back into the lake! The goose in hot pursuit of the boat, coming in low like a torpedo bomber is also hilarious.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Geese are very territorial. When they have a nest with eggs or young, they are reckless. It's very likely that goose was just defending a nest. I am also pretty sure the guy was aware of that, or he wouldn't have remained so calm! Geese and swans can actually hurt a human. Their wings are strong enough to break a humans arm.

I used to work at a company that had a man-made lake outside of the main office. There was a full-time gardener who took care of the lake and the grounds. This lake had a lot of ducks, water birds and geese. People would go out there during their lunch hour to feed them.

At the time, I worked in the forklift mechanic shop about a 100 yards away from this lake. One day my boss, who had a really big nose, went up there to feed the geese. It was not during the lunch hour, but all the secretaries could see him through a big window. He knew they were watching him, so he was putting on a pretty good show. Instead of just feeding the geese, he was down on one knee and holding the food and making them come up to him. I guess one of the ganders got a little tired of him, because the bird went up, grabbed the nose of my boss and gave it a good twist. For those of you who do not know, a goose actually has some good clamping power. They are not a pit bull, but there is some muscle there. Anyway, all the ladies were inside the windows just rolling on the floor laughing. As soon as it happened, they called down to our shop and were telling us about it, long before the boss made it back to our shop.
He came back into our shop with an extremely red nose and everybody in the shop couldn't look at him eye-to-eye because we knew that we would bust up laughing.
He never did admit to anybody what had happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back