Old trucks and cars at a Canadian prairie farm

We visited my sister and her husband at his farm which has been in his family (on his Dad's side) since the early 1920's. It was a sad visit, he has terminal cancer. My sister is a nurse, so she is doing her best to look after him at their home on the farm. He's a great guy, an old school prairie farmer who is always ready to lend a hand to anyone in need.

On this visit I snapped some pics of the trucks used on this farm over the years, thought you would like these.

1934 Maple Leaf bought new by his Granddad.
tempImagef9VUru.jpg

Mercury M350
tempImage7XxCKA.jpg

tempImageMCvGBI.jpg
tempImageSfnisZ.jpg

A Fairlane 500 he drove when he was young, and some other former family vehicles in the background.
tempImagegte8Nv.jpg

We visited my sister and her husband at his farm which has been in his family (on his Dad's side) since the early 1920's. It was a sad visit, he has terminal cancer. My sister is a nurse, so she is doing her best to look after him at their home on the farm. He's a great guy, an old school prairie farmer who is always ready to lend a hand to anyone in need.

On this visit I snapped some pics of the trucks used on this farm over the years, thought you would like these.

1934 Maple Leaf bought new by his Granddad.
View attachment 116865
Mercury M350
View attachment 116871

View attachment 116866View attachment 116868

A Fairlane 500 he drove when he was young, and some other former family vehicles in the background.
View attachment 116876.
Sorry about your brother in law.
There was an early 50s Maple leaf wooden flatbed next door to my parents for years until the abandoned property was finally sold (now being built on).

We had a 3 ton Maple Leaf truck on the farm. From the late '40s maybe. I don't suppose it was road legal but we used it to haul grain on the farm. When the power train finally packed it in my dad converted the back end to a 2 wheeled grain wagon. Farmers got the most out of every piece of equipment back then.

Its most memorable feature was a crank out windshield. I think it's the only vehicle I've ever seen that had one.

Back