Old cartoons

Originally Posted by wag123
Originally Posted by daves87rs
Looney Tunes!!!!
+3
They, along with Merrie Melodies, are/were the best. I enjoy their adult humor. None of the cartoons produced in the past 40 years compare.
Foghorn Leghorn was the best of the best IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMaUBeaiHnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF6qUh3T9KE
Hanna-Barbera's cartoons come in a distant third place.

The Animaniacs were pretty good. Just a 30 second clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTS5kUa_pRQ

I remember watching Looney Toons growing up. Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Roadrunner & Wile E. Coyote, and the rest. Always loved the schemes and gizmos the coyote would come up with the catch the roadrunner. Maybe that's why I'm an engineer.
lol.gif

Also liked Popeye. I distinctly remember watching one in the early 1980s that had been made in WW2 where he was fighting with the Germans. I found it on Youtube, seems it's not aired on TV now because it's not PC. That led to finding more cartoons from that period that are still funny, but obviously not PC.

Originally Posted by Dave Sherman
I remember watching Looney Toons growing up. Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Roadrunner & Wile E. Coyote, and the rest. Always loved the schemes and gizmos the coyote would come up with the catch the roadrunner. Maybe that's why I'm an engineer.
lol.gif

Also liked Popeye. I distinctly remember watching one in the early 1980s that had been made in WW2 where he was fighting with the Germans. I found it on Youtube, seems it's not aired on TV now because it's not PC. That led to finding more cartoons from that period that are still funny, but obviously not PC.
Many of the cartoons produced before 1970 were not PC. Perhaps it is why I like them so much. Anything "slapstick" is not really PC, and many of the cartoons were slapstick. Watch the Three Stooges shorts, they are obviously not PC.

lol.gif

Many of the cartoons produced before 1970 were not PC. Perhaps it is why I like them so much. Anything "slapstick" is not really PC, and many of the cartoons were slapstick. Watch the Three Stooges shorts, they are obviously not PC.

The Three Stooges are AWESOME!! They are still hilarious all these years later!! Absolutely timeless!! The episodes with Curly are the best ones. They were truly talented. They could make you laugh till you were crying without cursing every other word or being vulgar.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
lol.gif

The Three Stooges are AWESOME!! They are still hilarious all these years later!! Absolutely timeless!! The episodes with Curly are the best ones. They were truly talented. They could make you laugh till you were crying without cursing every other word or being vulgar.
The Three Stooges were so absurd that you can't help but laugh. I often wonder how adults could have come up with that stuff. Ever notice that most females don't get them and don't find them funny? It must be a man thing. My mother, sister, girlfriends, wife, and daughter all think that they are stupid and won't watch them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
lol.gif

The Three Stooges were so absurd that you can't help but laugh. I often wonder how adults could have come up with that stuff. Ever notice that most females don't get them and don't find them funny? It must be a man thing. My mother, sister, girlfriends, wife, and daughter all think that they are stupid and won't watch them.

One of my favorite episodes is where they are mechanics and the general brings in his car for them to fix it. They have it completely taken apart when he comes walking up. They grab a shovel and just start shoveling all the parts into the engine bay, and it STARTS!!
crackmeup2.gif

I like the Three Stooges episodes when Curly get a whiff of Limburger cheese.
lol.gif

Does Pinky and the Brain count as old yet? I think of it as a a recent favorite but a quick check finds that it started about 25 years ago.

All-time favorite is definitely Bugs Bunny. I especially love the Looney Tunes intro where Bugs is chomping on a carrot, then stops and gives the audience "the look", then pulls down a shade with the Looney Tunes logo. That wascally wabbit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoH3VbFZvZI

Honorable mention of course to Daffy Duck, Foghorn Leghorn, Wile E. Coyote, and the rest of the WB cartoon gang.

Not old, but Harvey Birdman (attorney at law) is great. In each episode he represents a classic cartoon character (mostly Hanna Barbera). The Flinstones one ("Dabba Don") is a classic in which Fred is, essentially Tony Soprano, with lots of Flintstone characters as Soprano's characters. The Johnny Quest one is very funny too.

METV has older cartoons on Saturday morning . Have been recording them . Never tire of 'em . Still hilarious :LOL: .

This one killed me when I was a kid, and still kills me. It was on TV last week. Haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Sneezing dragon = Genius.

1:14 LMAO

Back