OK, I'm finally trying the Raybestos Element3 RPT coated rotors

My favorite rotors of late have been the Powerstop coated rotors because of the Geomet coating and their great price. I got those for the front, but the rears were out-of-stock, so I thought I'd try the Raybestos E3 because they seem to be popular on here and the coating might even be the same 🤔

The rotors will be paired with Akebono ceramic pads because they are the best. ASP up front, and ProACT in the back (no ASP for the back, but the ACT is still good). Akebono is great for a daily driver because they're quiet, create virtually no dust, and don't even require any special break-in procedure.

The Geomet on the Powerstop rotors has lasted 2 years on another car I installed them on. I hope Raybestos is just as good.

Powesrtop is the cheapest rotor that actually says Genuine Geomet coating. Raybestos has "Grey Fusion 4.0" and Dynamic Friction DFC says "Geospec"

They will be going on a SJ Forester

Just got the parts today, and the Raybestos rotors look just like the Power Stop coating. Their "Grey Fusion 4.0" could very well be just their name for Geomet 360. I sure hope it is. They should just say Geomet, though :rolleyes:

They came from United Auto Supply in Syracuse.

I'm skeptical, I got burned by some Raybestos rotors and pads on my Taurus

But this Milan needs rotors/pads all around, you all seem to be selling me

And I'm saving $40 or so all around over Motorcraft pads

~$200 delivered for pads and rotors all around is a decent deal IMO

Now I can spend the savings on Motorcraft brake hoses 🤔

I've installed 4 sets on different family member's cars. All Asian imports cars. While I generally don't hear brake complaints, I didn't get any complaints so far and the oldest set has been installed over a year ago. They are reasonably priced and better value to the local auto part store IF you have time on your side.

We live in the salt belt so rotors normally are junk sooner than later.

I installed these rotors and pads almost 2 years ago and have been very happy with the results. The rotors are still in good condition and the stoping power is excellent. They use a lot of road salt here and regular rotors would be just about ready for replacement by now.

Just got the parts today, and the Raybestos rotors look just like the Power Stop coating. Their "Grey Fusion 4.0" could very well be just their name for Geomet 360. I sure hope it is. They should just say Geomet, though :rolleyes:

They came from United Auto Supply in Syracuse.
COO Made in China? Mines were.

Raybestos Specialty Rotors hats are painted and the vanes vs Raybestos EHT3. Is the extra cost worth it? Is painted better than coated?

The coated rotors are better. Also, I don't think the paint includes the inside of the hat, while the coated version does coat the inside hat. This is important so that you can actually remove it the next time.

My favorite rotors of late have been the Powerstop coated rotors because of the Geomet coating and their great price. I got those for the front, but the rears were out-of-stock, so I thought I'd try the Raybestos E3 because they seem to be popular on here and the coating might even be the same 🤔

The rotors will be paired with Akebono ceramic pads because they are the best. ASP up front, and ProACT in the back (no ASP for the back, but the ACT is still good). Akebono is great for a daily driver because they're quiet, create virtually no dust, and don't even require any special break-in procedure.

The Geomet on the Powerstop rotors has lasted 2 years on another car I installed them on. I hope Raybestos is just as good.

Powesrtop is the cheapest rotor that actually says Genuine Geomet coating. Raybestos has "Grey Fusion 4.0" and Dynamic Friction DFC says "Geospec"

They will be going on a SJ Forester
I think you'll be happy with the EHT rotors and pads if you try them. Nice pedal feel and last. I just replaced pads that were on for about 2 years and could have went another. I know that's not super impressive for the pads but with the salt it's almost mandatory that you take everything apart because of rusty iron and the lube is shot. Put the rotors on my other car and they look pretty much the way they did when i put them on last summer.

Back