Any Raybestos EHT3 RPT rotors long term review in heavy salt area like North East regions?

That's pretty bad for 3 years, it doesn't seem any better than the typical black coated on the hat/vanes area rotors.
How many miles driven?
About 10 K only but the main problem car gets park on the street. Not that much driving since Covid got here just for grocery runs mainly.

That's pretty bad for 3 years, it doesn't seem any better than the typical black coated on the hat/vanes area rotors.
How many miles driven?

That's not bad for 3 years at all! The hat looks clean and gray/silver, and it probably came off easy without having to use a hammer :)

Non-coated rotors rust overnight!

The (gray/silver) Geomet coating seems to last about a year longer than the black E-coating. I started using the Geomet coated rotors 2 years ago, and they look better after 2 years than the black E-coating did after 2 years.

I can definitely vouch for the Powerstop Geomet coated rotors. They do seem to hold up longer than Centric and Wagner E-coated rotors. However, I wouldn;t call any of them bad, as all of them are better than the non-coated alternative.

Now each one is going to come back with a pulsation and/or vibration complaint...

just kidding!
LOL I doubt it. One is approaching 35K miles, NY Long Island miles. She might be due for rear brakes by now. My wife's Liberty has 25K miles on the rear and no complaints, so far.

I just did another brake job today with Element3 pads and rotors for a friend. They've been my go to for about 8 brake jobs now.
I admit the Raybesto EHT3 brakes are best bang for the buck. But for "some" applications, the shim fitment just sucks.

Back