Oil shortage/issues?

Well I just last month bought 3 Jugs of Mobil 1 HM after rebate for $14 and change a Jug?

Rebate was limited to 2 per household, some need more than 2…. I got m1 ep for $25, minus $15 rebate, $10, but its one time deal

Last edited:
My local Walmart is still low on many oils, 0w20 is noticably low in inventory for 5 quart jugs of all brands if not sold out.

Almost all variations of Mobil 1 are sold out
Royal Purple is all gone and has been for 3+ weeks
Valvoline EP is nearly gone
Castrol EP is nearly gone
There is still a decent supply of lower priced oils

I work for 3-4 families everyday day, 5 days per week and most of them I can talk to about things. The wealthy families are very against solar, wind and other energy options because they want their children to rep the benefits of investing in oil. The middle and below would like to keep that money that is going to wealthy investors when there is another energy option. Now we need to keep the govment from taking that savings.

That might be even more difficult..

...several years ago the folx on CNBC financial were very upset that the middle class wages were increasing faster than the cost of living. That says it all...

I'm sorry, that's just anecdotal, and by itself is such a small sample of oil investors is meaningless. The only conclusion that can be made from that is you work for selfish, short-sighted people.

As for the "perceived" shortage, the U.S. supported the enemy of middle eastern oil producers in the Yom Kippur war, which came uncomfortably close to going nuclear. Those producers, including Saudi Arabia, Iran and Iraq stopped exports to the U.S. and some other western countries. If your perception is that there was no actual shortage, you need to step away from the conspiracy theories.

Went to local Walmart for something else but the auto department was stocked full of oil. The only thing running lower was some of the grades of SuperTech but that is the cheapest brand. Plenty of all brands.

Went to local Walmart for something else but the auto department was stocked full of oil. The only thing running lower was some of the grades of SuperTech but that is the cheapest brand. Plenty of all brands.
I walked around 3 diff Wal-Mart's they had super tech and not much more in stock .. This Is in Tampa FL area
Super tech was full, good thing I'd run it and not worry 😋

Locally, PCMO doesn’t seem hard to find, but we are back to Rotella at the local WM being non existent.

AZ has a few of their 2.5 gallon jugs of T6, but the 15w40 T4 is non existent. Didn’t look anywhere else.

Diesel oils of every brand are on short supply at Walmart these days. When I'm in the oil isle you often find Venezuelan nationals on their phones frantically trying to source these oils to take back home.

Just out of curiosity, I went to the oil section at our Walmart and there was hardly any 15w-40. Especially all the Rotella T6 was gone. Plenty of Delo though.

I'm sorry, that's just anecdotal, and by itself is such a small sample of oil investors is meaningless. The only conclusion that can be made from that is you work for selfish, short-sighted people.

As for the "perceived" shortage, the U.S. supported the enemy of middle eastern oil producers in the Yom Kippur war, which came uncomfortably close to going nuclear. Those producers, including Saudi Arabia, Iran and Iraq stopped exports to the U.S. and some other western countries. If your perception is that there was no actual shortage, you need to step away from the conspiracy theories.
You are correct about the selfish and shortsighted folx...mostly from my wealthy families. They are usually quick to show their colors.

When the US supported the enemy of oil producers the US knew that would cause a shortage of oil. So the middleclass gets it again..

These shortages are usually caused by politics...the politics of money....the wealthy's money.

I was under the impression the US was a net exporter of oil...could be wrong..

..thanx for your reply as it is important for all of us to keep an open mind..myself included.

Last edited:
Back