"Oil Scalding" - another myth or fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by labman:
How about the chilling effect of compressed air going in warm tires? Could lead to warping.

lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by crashz:
Somebody definately did not think about that rumor carefully enough before starting it.

Automobiles, like computers, thrive on a vast amount of misinformation rather than true data. Ever feel how warm that CD-ROM is when you eject it from your computer's CD drive? I guess we'll need pre-warm those up before using them, too. This will prevent CD-scalding. We'll need to make room for another button next to the "Popcorn" setting on the microwave called "CD-ROM". LOL

Ray H...Blew the door off?? A little sarcasm in spirit of the thread I think!! Come on. Hey if its true let me know I would love to do that(outside of course), that would be pretty cool...I have an extra microwave.

quote:

um, are you sure about that ?

Oh, my. I am mistaken. Somehow, I thought this was true for sure. I tried some Canola oil in Pyrex, it heated. I think some time in the past I tried to heat something that would not absorb microwaves, oil I thought.
dunno.gif
cheers.gif
cool.gif
shocked.gif
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif

Shannow, great site you posted.

Canola oil. Like its close cousins corn, soybean, sunflower, etc., is an ester. Put some dino or PAO in a Tupperware container, and I don't think either will heat up much. Don't do this when your wife is home, or will be home before you can clean up the mess, air out the house and go buy new tupperware.

quote:

Originally posted by Jason Troxell:
Ray H...Blew the door off?? A little sarcasm in spirit of the thread I think!! Come on. Hey if its true let me know I would love to do that(outside of course), that would be pretty cool...I have an extra microwave.

Skeptical, eh, "Thomas"? Try it then. Just stand well behind the oven after you start it. Ear plugs would be advisable, too. Expect a visit from your community's finest, afterword. Shoot, YOU might even be able to take credit for initiating the first "Red" terrorism alert level. Maybe even get a visit from Tom Ridge during your interrogation...

[ December 23, 2003, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Ray H ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back