Oil recommendation for new Chevy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all. We purchased a new Chevy Traverse this weekend. Can someone with a Lambda platform GM make an oil recommendation. Synthetic or conventional. Are these engines finicky?

Originally Posted By: RamAir5
Are these engines finicky?

There are possible issues (fuel dilution and carbon deposits) in m(any) direct injection engines which as you know are in all the 09 Lambda platforms...including the Traverse.

I have done 2 consecutive analyses on our Traverse:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post1494396

i.e the factory fill and then a run of QHorsepower. I stuck with the QH again and this week will complete a traditional 3k mile interval (probly high 60% on the OLM). I will sample it and replace again with QH and another PF48 and if the latest sample shows fine I will run the OLM to 50% into a Canadian winter.

Hope this info helps.

Last edited:
I will not be following the OLM. I don't trust it. I have a 2008 Impala and the oil gets black around 3k miles but the OLM say 70% oil life remaining. I was planning on running Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 and continuing with a 5k mile OCI. I was unaware that the DirectInjection engines could have contamination issues.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
The color of the oil has nothing to do with its lubricating abilities.

I second what Chevrofreak said, abd i might add that the OLM's have been shown to be on the conservative side.

The OLM on any GM I own is excellent, and we have verified it by analysis (fleet owner).

If you are fussy run synth, as they are calibrated for dino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back