Oil option for push

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes...

Regardless of what you use (monovisc or multivisc), always check your oil level periodically and replenish when needed.

Almost all OPE engines that I'm aware of (up and until now) all burns a bit of oil due to oil seepage through valve guides.

Q.

I've been using T6 5w40 for a 2nd season with no problems in an 8 yr. old craftsman w/a B&S. SAE 30 is recommended. I say go for it.

I dont think it matters a whole lot. I have run M1 HM 10w-30, 30HD and 15w-40 in various OPE over the years, nothing has made any real difference in how stuff ran or how long it lasted. I have never worn out any small engine with any type or grade of oil. I did run M1 15w-50 in a Briggs one time, dont remember what model, I think it was a Vtwin. It ran rough and lacked power, but ran much better when I put 30HD back in it. Long story short, run whatever you want within reason. I have a bunch of random partial quarts I plan on throwing into the mix with my GCV160 honda. I dont expect any issues whatsoever and neither should you.

It'll be fine. I commonly use Rotella T5 10W-30, but my latest Tecumseh pick seems to run quieter on Rotella 15W-40. Once I get that engine flushed out good and the oil stays clean for longer than an hour, I might switch my whole 4-cycle fleet over to T6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back