Oil Ingredients

Well it won't be cheap. These companies won't front you money, if that's what you expect. Do you have the cash, other people with front money..........don't kid yourself, you are talking about starting a company.
I understand that. We currently import products. We purchase them, import them, then re-sell them. Do you know of any ingredients that these types of companies use such as zinc oxide, and sodium nitrite, etc.?

The big blenders purchase their materials from big companies like ExxonMobil, Chevron Phillips Chemical, BASF, and others, just to name a few. They have contracts, guaranteed quality standards, technical assistance, etc. Blenders like AMSOIL, for example, will not risk their products to save a few pennies here and there. It's not worth it to them. The vertically integrated companies already have branches overseas, and the necessary network in place to import whatever they don't manufacture in the US. It will be an uphill battle, and like @Pablo said, very expensive, to compete against these giants of the industry.

OP, you can look up most MSDS from any of a slue of oil manufacturers and/or use the Petroleum Quality Institute of America's website for a look at what common ingredients are used in contemporary motor oils. They even have an HDEO section.

Good luck in this endeavor.

I'm just going to throw a WAG at the OP and say you'll need something on the order of 50 to a 100 million bucks to toss around just to dip your toes in the water for the venture you're imagining. You need lawyers, petrochemical engineers, environmental compliance experts and probably a lot more on your payroll just to get started.

Nates diy motor oil

Step one: acquire the rights, permits and equipment to drill for oil, or build your own gtl processing machine (estimated cost: your soul)

I understand that. We currently import products. We purchase them, import them, then re-sell them. Do you know of any ingredients that these types of companies use such as zinc oxide, and sodium nitrite, etc.?
What is your new job? I am trying to understand you here. Are you referring to the individual chemistry's used in compounding additive packages?

The first thing you need to understand is what individual chemistry's go into the compounding of additive packages.

Many additive companies may 1) develop and produce their own internal chemistry's and 2) purchase needed (supplemental) chemistry's from outside firms.

Then, extensive and expensive testing is done to validate and qualify those packages according to OEM, API, etc. requirements.

That's going to be a tough road with the likes of Infineum, Lubrizol, Afton, BASF, etc. already being in the market.

Perhaps you can get into supplying some of those additive companies such as Hot Shot's. Who knows what they use.
And Orinite - OP … try your luck contacting these companies …

Back