Oil for BMW 2007 328i

I have a 2007 328i N52 BMW. I have been told by a BMW car club that 5W-30 fully synthetic liquimolly special tech oil is best for my car. I have 56,000 miles. Also told Mann oil filters are excellent. I live in the Midwest and winter is approaching. Is this the best oil?

time to beat a dead horse

if you want something BMW approved go get Castrol 5W30 A3/B4. if you want the best get Mobil 1 0W40 or Castrol 0W40, whatever you can find.

There are quite a few threads on what oil is best/appropriate for BMW N52s, check them out.

This seems to be a popular Friday afternoon question.

I have a 2007 328i N52 BMW. I have been told by a BMW car club that 5W-30 fully synthetic liquimolly special tech oil is best for my car. I have 56,000 miles. Also told Mann oil filters are excellent. I live in the Midwest and winter is approaching. Is this the best oil?
It is best, stick with that.

Tons of thoughts on Liquimoly, none of them say that it is the 'best', but it is a good oil, but most say its not worth the price.

Personally, I would run Mobil 1 or Castrol. You have the N/A N52, which means the oil is being beat up by a turbo and even if you drive it hard on the street either one of the oils I mentioned can withstand it. Now, if you are tracking the car, then I might would change my recommendation.

Today I just change the oil in a 2004 Z4 2.5. I used PP Euro 5/30 with a M1 filter. Would it work for you I don't see why not and the price from walmart was good.

In my N52 I ran Liquimoly a couple times, but mostly used Castrol 0w40. As others have said, Liquimoly is a nice oil, but not worth the price IMHO. For filters I used Mahle or OEM, whichever I got cheaper.

Back